Laugh-out-loud, knee-slapping anecdotes/bits

B. Clay Shannon

Dec 15, 2016, 12:11:27 PM12/15/16
to Mark Twain Universal
I am curious about what Twain jokes, anecdotes, pieces, etc. are the favorites of those here - those that make you laugh out loud or at least broadly smile when you read them. I will start off with two of my favorites that way:

Buck Fanshaw's funeral from "Roughing It"
The discussion about King Solomon in "Huck Finn"

What other bits do y'all find especially mirthful?

tony Verhulst

Dec 15, 2016, 3:08:27 PM12/15/16
to Mark Twain Universal

On Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 12:11:27 PM UTC-5, B. Clay Shannon wrote:
I am curious about what Twain jokes, anecdotes, pieces, etc. are the favorites of those here - those that make you laugh out loud or at least broadly smile when you read them. I will start off with two of my favorites that way:

Buck Fanshaw's funeral from "Roughing

The discussion about King Solomon in "Huck Finn"

What other bits do y'all find especially mirthful?

I particularly like Mrs. Jollopson's Gam. Like 'Fanshaw' it displays SLCs knack for using the local dialect.

Speaking of 'Fanshaw', I really dislike it when the story is reproduced with the 'offensive' words removed - not so much the change itself, but that it is done without attribution (if that is the correct word here).

I hope that this group really take off.

Tony