Newbie: Everything Lost on Reboot

Prime_minister_of_fun

Aug 11, 2023, 7:35:36 PM8/11/23
to MariaDB ColumnStore
Hi,

I am trying to get a proof of concept going on very little documentation.

I imported a bunch of data into the columnStore engine on a persistent volume.
df -h shows 1.4G of data:
/dev/nvme5n1    9.7G  1.4G  8.4G  14% /var/lib/columnstore

Querying against that data ended up killing all the primproc listeners.  No OOM errors in /var/log/syslog.  No other obvious logging? How do you increase the log level?

Restarting the pod makes the mysql server useable, but, the database I created (db1) with the tables and data are not present in "SHOW DATABASES". The users created are not in mysql.user.

MariaDB [(none)]> show databases;
+---------------------+
| Database            |
+---------------------+
| calpontsys          |
| columnstore_info    |
| infinidb_querystats |
| information_schema  |
| mysql               |
| performance_schema  |
| sys                 |
+---------------------+
7 rows in set (0.000 sec)

MariaDB [(none)]> select user,host from mysql.user;
+-------------+-----------+
| User        | Host      |
+-------------+-----------+
| mariadb.sys | localhost |
| mysql       | localhost |
| root        | localhost |
+-------------+-----------+
3 rows in set (0.001 sec)

How to I make sure the columnstore survives a reboot?

Allen Herrera

Aug 15, 2023, 9:15:26 AM8/15/23
to Prime_minister_of_fun, MariaDB ColumnStore
I recommend sticking to single node automated columnstore options when starting out/learning
Docker: https://github.com/mariadb-corporation/mariadb-columnstore-docker
SkySQL: https://skysql.mariadb.com/

Read up what you can online or via past google form posts
https://mariadb.com/docs/server/architecture/components/enterprise-columnstore/

A short guess for your immediate issue is that your mariadb server paths don't appear to be on persistent volumes.

Allen Herrera
Customer Engineer | MariaDB Corporation
+1.360.888.3938 | calendly.com/allen-herrera | allen.herrera@mariadb.com