mariadb service keep restart over again

dragon lu

Aug 7, 2023, 10:12:44 PM8/7/23
to MariaDB ColumnStore

Hi, I initially intended to add a column to my table (using the Columnstore engine). This table contains around 400 million records, and there are clients connected to the MariaDB server performing operations on the same table. While attempting to add the new column using the ALTER TABLE command, I realized that the execution time of this ALTER query was too long for me to tolerate. Consequently, I cancelled the ALTER query. After cancelling the query, I noticed that all clients, including the local server, were unable to connect to the MariaDB server. The error message "ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock(111)'" was displayed. Subsequently, I executed 'systemctl stop mariadb' and 'systemctl stop mariadb-columnstore' without encountering any error messages, and then proceeded to reboot.

After the reboot, I observed that the mariadb.service was continuously restarting. I entered 'journalctl -xeu mariadb' to inspect the logs and found that the logs started showing messages like 'mariadb.service: main process exited, code=dumped, status=11/SEGV' and 'mariadb.service: Failed with result 'core-dump'.' Additionally, there was a message stating 'Process 15855 (mariadb) of user 990 dumped core.'

I imported data using the 'LOAD DATA INFILE' method. The version of the MariaDB database server is 10.11.3.

I would like to inquire if there are any solutions available to address the issue of the infinite service restarts. Thank you.

Faisal Saeed

Aug 8, 2023, 1:14:54 AM8/8/23
to dragon lu, MariaDB ColumnStore
Hi Dragon Lu,

You might have a corrupted table(s). Execute `systemct stop mariadb` go to the data directory where you can see the *.ibd files of your database. use `innochecksum <table_name.ibd>` here the table name will be the table you were running ALTER on. If there are no problems with your table, then the output will be empty.

On the other hand, you can also try to execute the same command on all the `ibd` files, one by one to see if there is any corrupted table in the server.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Faisal Saeed | Principal Solution Architect
MariaDB Corporation | Tel: +65 9386 5771 | fai...@mariadb.com | Twitter: @RF_FaisalZ

drrtuy

Aug 8, 2023, 10:01:17 AM8/8/23
to MariaDB ColumnStore
Hi!
I agree with @Faisal on this matter. I suggest you to share mariadb log b/c it might contain the actual crash trace call stack. This info might tell what is wrong with your installation.

Regards,
Roman

вторник, 8 августа 2023 г. в 05:12:44 UTC+3, dragon lu: