Columnstore 22.08

Thorsten Flach

Oct 3, 2022, 5:16:25 AM10/3/22
to mariadb-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
we have upgraded to the latet columnsore and now we have the problem, that the columnstor is defekt.
We get the message (a lot): Invalid Range from HWM for lbid 112335, range size should be <= blocksReadAhead: HWM 979, dbroot 1, highfbo 6143, lowfbo 5632, blocksReadAhead 512, range size -4652#012         %%10%%

We cant drop columnstorefiles or load (cpimport) new one.

We have enough diskspace and tried to repair with  mcsRebuildEM but the file that was created are very small and we get also errors.
Have someone ideas?

Thanks

Thorsten

drrtuy

Oct 3, 2022, 8:08:47 AM10/3/22
to MariaDB ColumnStore
Hey Thorsten,

Sorry to hear that. What is the actual version? You can run SQL like 'show status like show status like 'columnstore%';
Which version do you use CS or ES?

Regards,
Roman

понедельник, 3 октября 2022 г. в 12:16:25 UTC+3, Thorsten Flach:

Thorsten Flach

Oct 3, 2022, 12:38:40 PM10/3/22
to drrtuy, MariaDB ColumnStore
Hey Roman,
we use Server version: 10.6.9-5-MariaDB-enterprise
MariaDB [(none)]> show status like 'columnstore%';
+-------------------------+---------+
| Variable_name           | Value   |

Thorsten Flach
0162/2525578
Frankfurter Str. 161d
65520 Bad Camberg

drrtuy

Oct 7, 2022, 12:25:59 PM10/7/22
to MariaDB ColumnStore
Very unfortunately RHEL7/8 upgrades are affected by this version. If you first remove all packages and then install them back this will replace on-disk ExtentMap image with an empty file and gives you an error like you have. Luckily there are multiple extent map copies saved in /var/lib/columnstore/data1/systemFiles/dbrm on the primary node of your cluster.

Regards,
Roman
понедельник, 3 октября 2022 г. в 19:38:40 UTC+3, Thorsten Flach: