Is this a supported use case?

Benjohn

Oct 20, 2010, 9:07:08 AM10/20/10
to MarcoPolo Discussion
Hi,

What I'd like to achieve is:

When my Mac notices there are no WiFi networks available that it has
details to automatically connect to, I would like it to create an Ad-
Hoc network. When a WiFi network becomes available that it can talk
to, I'd like it to switch over to using that network.

I want to do this so that:

If my iPhone and Mac are in the same place, I'd like them to always be
able to talk to each other. If I'm somewhere with WiFi I can access,
they will both be able to access it and so they can talk to each
other. If there is no network that I can access, then I want the mac
to create an AdHoc network that they can share.

Is this something that I can configure Marco Polo to do for me
automatically and reasonably painlessly (for example – I reasonably
frequently add new WiFi networks and I'd prefer not to need to add
these in to the Marco Polo configuration)?

Thanks very much,
Benjohn