Leaving a context

mankoff

Apr 4, 2011, 9:36:46 PM4/4/11
to MarcoPolo Discussion
Hi,

I've just used MarcoPolo for the first time. Seems like a great tool.

I've set up a Context, Rule, and Action, so that when I attach a
Kindle (USB disk), all PDFs newer than the last attach time get copied
over.

This context is called "Kindle Attach" and is under "Automatic"

The problem is that when I eject the Kindle, I am still in the
Automatic/KindleAttach context. If I plug the Kindle back in, the
actions do not occur as I am already in that context.

I tried making a KindleDetach context/action, but you can only fire
rules when USB disks are attached, not detached (I think).

Any suggestions how to revert to the default Automatic context when
the Kindle is removed?

Thanks,

-k.

Byron Weber Becker

Apr 4, 2011, 9:58:50 PM4/4/11
to marcopol...@googlegroups.com
I think you need to make another context with different rules so that
when your Kindle is detached the new context has higher confidence
than your "Kindle Attach" context. That way it switches back and forth
between them depending on whether the Kindle is attached or not.

Byron

mankoff

Apr 4, 2011, 10:09:45 PM4/4/11
to MarcoPolo Discussion
But I don't have any other contexts. I'm only using MarcoPolo for this
one action. Perhaps there is a better solution (OS X built-in Folder
Actions)?

Since any other context would exist at the same time (any time of day,
any IP address, etc.) and would be higher priority than KindleAttach
per your instructions, KindleAttach would never be the highest
confidence context.

-k.

Brian

Apr 13, 2011, 11:08:23 AM4/13/11
to MarcoPolo Discussion
How about this:

Separate your KindleAttach context from the Automatic context so that
it's not a subcontext. Then under General enable the default context
and set it to Automatic. Then when KindleAttach falls below the
required confidence level, the context should switch back to
Automatic.