MarcoPolo Preferences Location - Help Please

mbw761

Jul 28, 2011, 9:24:13 PM7/28/11
to MarcoPolo Discussion
I had the Snow Leopard version of Marco Polo installed on my Lion
machine and have the colour spinning ball now when I try and access
preferences.

Have downloaded and installed the Lion upgrade version but am getting
the same problem.

I seem to remember during the transition from Leopard to Snow Leopard
I had the same problem.

Is there are location where old preferences are being stored
preventing this from working on my machine??

Pressey Christopher

Jul 29, 2011, 7:33:54 AM7/29/11
to marcopol...@googlegroups.com
First, open your Utilities folder and launch Activity Monitor, find Marco polo in the listing and force quit it if you have to.

Then, in Finder, press Option-Shift-G (in Lion) then enter

~/Library/Preferences

to get to your User preferences folder.

You're looking for au.id.symonds.MarcoPolo2.plist - delete that, then relaunch Marco Polo.

Cheers,
Christopher

--
Christopher Pressey
Graphic Designer for Hire

Detroit, Michigan | Windsor, Ontario

chris...@christopherpressey.com
http://www.christopherpressey.com

Missing OS X

Jul 29, 2011, 10:33:06 AM7/29/11
to MarcoPolo Discussion
I'm a bit confused. I thought, from my reading of this list, that MP
wasn't working with WiFi detection in SL/Lion. Now I'm sseing
comments about making it work. I had gotten the update from here (I
think it was the right one), and I still can't get Eth/WiFi switching
to work. Am I missing something?

Scott