Marco News#6 - November 13th 2008

Marco Cantu'

Nov 13, 2008, 3:51:25 AM11/13/08
to Marco Cantu Tech World
Welcome to another random edition of my newsletter (4 months after
my last one, I really need to be more consistent...). It features
updates on my work and some recent news.

___________
DELPHI 2009

Well, you certainly know CodeGear, now part of Embarcadero
technologies, has shipped Delphi 2009, and also its Update 1 (mostly
fixing issues in the new Ribbon control). What should I say? Delphi
2009 is a great version, one you should not miss even if your interest
for Unicode is limited. There are so many features that my book
covering Delphi 2009 (and focusing only on new features of the product
compared to Delphi 2007) is getting close to 400 pages!

______________________
DELPHI 2009 HANDBOOK

My new book is coming. I plan launching it at the CodeRage 2008
conference (see next point), probably giving some discount. The book
page, with the chapter titles, is at:

http://www.marcocantu.com/dh2009/

refer to the site:

http://conferences.codegear.com/coderage08

_____________________
OTHER DELPHI BOOKS

The new book will be on Lulu, like my recent ones:
Delphi 2007 Handbook (http://www.lulu.com/content/1069254)
Essential Pascal (http://www.lulu.com/content/2398448)

_______________________
DELPHI EVENT IN THE US

I'm setting up a Delphi seminar in the US with Cary Jensen for spring
2009. We plan covering both Delphi for Win32 and the new Delphi Prism
for .NET. Stay tuned to my site for more information, or send me an
email to get alerted when more info will be available.

_______________
(MY) WEB SITES
* The Delphi Search: http://www.thedelphisearch.com
* A second bookstore: http://blog.marcocantu.com/bookstore.html
* The classic newsgroup front end: http://delphi.newswhat.com
* My Italian shop for CodeGear products (and third-party ones):
http://shop.wintech-italia.com

-Marco Cantù
Author of the Delphi books, Expert in Delphi, XML, Web 2.0
speaker, trainer, consultant.
http://www.marcocantu.com - http://blog.marcocantu.com