Marco News#4 - May 8th 2008

Marco Cantu'

May 8, 2008, 12:49:31 PM5/8/08
to Marco Cantu Tech World
Welcome to another random edition of my newsletter (getting close to
one edition every 6 month, rather than a monthly mailing). It features
updates on my work and some recent news.

DELPHI JUMPS SHIP

Big news is that CodeGear (including Delphi) was sold by Borland to
Embarcadero Technologies.
You can read about this on my blog (and many other places, of course):

http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/goodbyeborland.html
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/delphi_jumps_ship.html

DELPHI MENTOR

* A couple of months ago I started an online Delphi consulting service
called Delphi Mentor. It is based on an NNTP server, but each company
or user gets its reserved and personal newsgroup area. A team of
Delphi experts assists users on their development problems. Read
everything on:

http://www.delphimentor.com

ESSENTIAL PASCAL

The introduction to the Pascal language of Delphi I've made available
online a few years ago, has now a new edition available on lulu.com as
a printed book or a PDF (will be also online in an ad-driven version).
More info on:

http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal
http://www.lulu.com/content/2398448

MORE NEWS

My "Delphi 2007 Handbook" (http://www.lulu.com/content/1069254) has
sold over 1,000 copies, a huge success that paving the way for other
books on the next version of Delphi and not only. Thanks to you if you
bought a copy, if not there is still time...

If you live in Italy, keep an eye to my online shop (http://
shop.wintech-italia.com) and to the coming Delphi Day 2008 (June 12th,
in Piacenza, http://www.delphiedintorni.it/geoxml/delphiday2008).

(MY) CONFERENCES AND EVENTS

* I'm speaking early June at the Delphi Tage in Germany:
http://www.delphi-tage.de/start.html

(MY) WEB SITES

* The Delphi Search: http://www.thedelphisearch.com
* A second bookstore: http://blog.marcocantu.com/bookstore.html
* The classic newsgroup front end: http://delphi.newswhat.com

-Marco Cantù
Author of the Mastering Delphi series, Expert in Delphi, XML, Web 2.0
speaker, trainer, consultant.
http://www.marcocantu.com - http://blog.marcocantu.com