Marco News #12 - March 1st 2010

Marco Cantu'

Mar 1, 2010, 9:21:11 AM3/1/10
to Marco Cantu Tech World
Welcome to my monthly (well, in theory) newsletter, featuring updates
on my work and some recent Delphi-related news.

_________________________________
DELPHI 2010 HANDBOOK PUBLISHED

After officially releasing my Delphi 2010 Handbook last week, today
I'm announcing the availability of the printed version of the book. It
is, as for my past books, a print-on-demand version. The book is
available on the CreateSpace web site (not on Lulu.com, this time):

Info: http://www.marcocantu.com/dh2010/
PDF: http://sites.fastspring.com/wintechitalia/product/delphi2010handbook
In Print: https://www.createspace.com/3433762

The book covers all the new features of Delphi 2010 for Win32, from
Extended RTTI to new IDE features, from Windows 7 support to the
improved DataSnap architecture. This is a brand new book, there is no
overlapping material with the Delphi 2007 Handbook and Delphi 2009
Handbook (which you can consider buying along with this book in
printed or electronic format).

The Delphi 2010 Handbook is expected to have about 300 pages covering
exclusively new Delphi 2010 features. There is no introduction
material or anything like that. The book is for developers who use
Delphi 2010.

_____________________________
DELPHI DEVELOPER DAYS 2010

The second edition of a tour of 2-day training sessions focused on
Delphi (mostly Delphi Win32) that will take place next May in the
United States and Europe. The event is co-organized by Cary Jensen's
company and my company, with tremendous help from Loy Anderson
(Cary's
wife).

In the US we are going to be in the Washington D.C. area (Baltimore),
in Chicago, and in the Los Angeles area (Orange County). Dates for
the
US tour are May 11th to18th.
In Europe we are going to be in London (UK) and in Frankfurt (Germany)
at the end of May.

Seats are limited: sign-up soon and take also advantage of the current
discount:
http://www.delphideveloperdays.com/

______________________________________
DELPHI AND REST WEBINAR, MARCH 3RD

Embarcadero technology is hosting a webinar in which I'll discuss
consuming and creating REST Web Services in Delphi 2010, following the
steps of my white paper on the same topic.
The webinar, titled, Restful Web services with Delphi and RAD Studio
2010, will be given three different times, for three time zones
(Europe, US, Asia) and I'll cover the development of client
applications for popular services as well as the new REST server
support available in Delphi 2010 (and part of the DataSnap

All of the details, the links to register, the white paper and the
existing videos are on the site:
http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-in-action/rest

ONLINE PRESENCE

You can follow me on twitter at: http://twitter.com/marcocantu
You can find me on Facebook as: http://www.facebook.com/marcocantu
My blog is on http://blog.marcocantu.com

-Marco Cantù, Author of the Delphi books, Expert in Delphi, XML, Web
2.0
speaker, trainer, consultant. http://www.marcocantu.com - http://blog.marcocantu.com