Marco News #2 - April 30, 2007

Marco Cantu'

Apr 30, 2007, 4:04:30 AM4/30/07
to Marco Cantu Tech World
Welcome to the April edition of my newsletter, with updates on my work
and some recent news.

NEWS

* CodeGear (www.codegear.com) has released Delphi 2007. I like the new
version of Delphi a lot. It is stable, snappy, has a good help (again)
and all of the extra features of the recent versions of Delphi.
Perfect it is not, of course. BUt I consider it a very significant
version.

* CodeGear released also Delphi for PHP and is turning "Delphi" into a
family of tools. Nice that the Delphi name is receiving some
spotlight.

* I'm progressing (even if more slowly than I originally hoped) with
the work on a Delphi 2007 book, but not up to the point that I can
commit to a release date. Stay tuned.

(MY) CONFERENCES AND EVENTS

* The end of March saw me speaking at CodeRage (CodeGears's online
conference) and flying to Australia to the ADUG Symposium. You can see
my CodeRage talk among the replays, available at http://dn.codegear.com/article/34187.
Pictures of my Australian trip are available at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/marco.cantu/2007Australia.

* I'm organizing an Italian event, called Delphi Day 2007, for June
7th. We'll have a few guests and I'll be speaking myself.

* I'll also give a one-day Delphi 2007 seminar the day before. This is
available as a one-day (or two-days if you want full coverage of
Delphi 2005 and Delphi 2006) class I can teach to your company or at
public sites (company or user-group organized). Get in touch over
email for more details.

* No conferences planned for the near future. I'm applying to a couple
of European events for the fall, and hope there will be a US CodeGear
conference sooner or later.

FROM MY BLOG

Milan and Rome Video:
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/milan_rome_video.html

Delphi for PHP versus Kylix:
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/delphi_php_kylix.html

CodeGear Ahead of Microsoft on Vista Support
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/codegear_ahead_microsoft.html

Jim Douglas is the New CodeGear CEO
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/jim_douglas_codegear_ceo.html

Borland Moving To Texas, CodeGear Staying Home
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/borland_to_texas.html

Download Files on My Google Group
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/downlaod_files_group.html

(MY) WEB SITES

* The Delphi Search: http://www.thedelphisearch.com
* A second bookstore: http://blog.marcocantu.com/bookstore.html
* New newsgroup front end (work in progress): http://dev.newswhat.com

That's all for now. Happy Labor Day to all those on vacation tomorrow
(I guess most of the world, but the US).

-Marco Cantù
Author of the Mastering Delphi series, Expert in Delphi, XML, Web 2.0
speaker, trainer, consultant.
http://www.marcocantu.com - http://blog.marcocantu.com