Marco News #13 - April 12, 2010

Marco Cantu'

Apr 12, 2010, 8:59:01 AM4/12/10
to Marco Cantu Tech World
Welcome to my monthly (well, in theory) newsletter, featuring updates
on my work and some recent Delphi-related news.

_____________________________
DELPHI DEVELOPER DAYS 2010

There is still one week (up to April 16, 2010) for the early bird, 10%
discount registration for the three US stops of Delphi Developer Days,
featuring myself and Cary Jensen (http://bit.ly/cn3vFO).

The 2-day training sessions is focused on Delphi (mostly Delphi Win32)
and will take place also in Europe over the next month.

All Attendees Receive:

- An extensive course book, several hundred pages in length, written
by Cary and Marco that includes all the material covered in all
sessions
- Source code examples from all of the sessions
- A chance to win valuable prizes from our sponsors
- Lunch on both days

Locations are:

Washington DC/BWI area: May 11-12, 2010
Chicago area: May 14-15, 2010
Los Angeles area: May 17-18, 2010
London, UK: May 26-27, 2010
Frankfurt, Germany: May 31 - 1 June, 2010

Most locations are near airports, easy to reach from other states and
also from other countries. Even if we are not coming near you, getting
to one of these events might be less expensive than you originally
thought.

Sign-up as soon as possible at: http://bit.ly/cn3vFO (http://
www.delphideveloperdays.com)
Interest is a signed book of mine and coming to one of the DDD events?
Let me know in advance and I'll keep you a copy.

______________________
DELPHI 2010 HANDBOOK

My last book is available:

- in print on Amazon US: http://bit.ly/b0dLQb
- in print on other outlets as listed on: http://www.marcocantu.com/dh2010/
- in PDF format (free) to registered users of Delphi 20101 at:
http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/27613
- in PDF format (paid) for anyone else at:
http://sites.fastspring.com/wintechitalia/product/delphi2010handbook

The book covers all the new features of Delphi 2010 for Win32, from
Extended RTTI to new IDE features, from Windows 7 support to the
improved DataSnap architecture. This is a brand new book, there is no
overlapping material with the Delphi 2007 Handbook and Delphi 2009
Handbook (which you can consider buying along with this book in
printed or electronic format).

The Delphi 2010 Handbook is expected to have about 300 pages covering
exclusively new Delphi 2010 features. There is no introduction
material or anything like that. The book is for developers who use
Delphi 2010.

______________
OTHER BOOKS

All of the handbooks cover specific versions of Delphi, so in case you
are migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010, beside the Delphi 2010
handbook you might want to get also the two past ones:

Delphi 2009 Handbook

- Print: http://bit.ly/bjFKs1
- PDF: http://bit.ly/7H8LFD

Delphi 2007 Handbook

- Print: http://bit.ly/do8dnP
- PDF: http://bit.ly/7ZYnT0

ONLINE PRESENCE

You can follow me on twitter at: http://twitter.com/marcocantu
You can find me on Facebook as: http://www.facebook.com/marcocantu
My blog is on http://blog.marcocantu.com

-Marco Cantù, Author of the Delphi books, Expert in Delphi, XML, Web
2.0
speaker, trainer, consultant. http://www.marcocantu.com -
marco...@gmail.com