Marco News#9 - March 6th 2009

Marco Cantu'

Mar 6, 2009, 1:07:01 AM3/6/09
to Marco Cantu Tech World
Welcome to my monthly newsletter, featuring updates on my work and
some recent news.

________________________
DELPHI DEVELOPER DAYS

I'm partnering with Cary Jensen for a spring 2009 event in the US.
Will be on March 30 and 31 in the Washington DC area and on
April 2 and 3 in the Chicago area. This is a unique opportunity and
space is limited, so book your place ASAP.
Detailed information, including a complete agenda with the talks
titles, is available at:

http://www.delphideveloperdays.com/

______________________________
DELPHI OPEN DOORS (ITALY)

I'm setting up a short Delphi tour of Italy, with stops in Rome,
Piacenza,
and Padua, to cover the status of Delphi and provide insight about
what's going on with the product and Embarcadero Technologies.

http://www.wintech-italia.it/eventi/delphiporteaperte2009.htm

The event has a companion event focused on Advantage Database Server.

http://www.wintech-italia.it/eventi/delphieadvantage.htm

________________________
DATARAGE 2009

Embarcadero Technologies (owner of Delphi) has set up an online
conference focused on their database tools, but covering also
database access from their development tools. It will take place
online from March 17 to March 19.

I'll give a talk on DataSnap 2009 and using REST services.

http://conferences.embarcadero.com/datarage/

_____________________
BASTA! Italia

"BASTA! Italia" is the first Italian edition of the well-known
German conference on .NET. It will take place in Rome, March 17 to 18.
I'll give a talk on Web Services. Info on:

http://www.bastaitalia.it

______________________
DELPHI 2009 HANDBOOK

Delphi 2009 Handbook keeps selling quite well. It is still available
on Lulu.com only, due to adminisrative hurles I'm trying to overcome.

The book we site is at
http://www.marcocantu.com/dh2009/

Some portions are available in a set of white papers distributed
on dn.codegear.com, free to everyone:

http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/d2009_whitepaper1.html
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/d2009_whitepaper2.html
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/d2009_whitepaper3.html
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/d2009_whitepaper4.html
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/d2009_whitepaper5.html

____________________
RECENT BLOG POSTS

Visual Studio 2010, Floating vs. Embedded Designers
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/vs2010_floating_embedded.html

A Tough 2008 for Borland
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/tough_2008_borland.html

Migrating to Delphi 2009 (by Andreano Lanusse)
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/migrating_delphi_2009_lanusse.html

Delphi 2009 Handbook Review on delphi.about.com
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/dh2009_review_about.html

Official Release of All-Access
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/official_all_access.html

Delphi Podcast on Delphi Developer Days
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/delphi_podcast_ddd.html

Embarcadero All-Access
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/embarcadero_allaccess.html

__________________
ONLINE PRESENCE

You can follow me on twitter at:
http://twitter.com/marcocantu

You can find me on Facebook as:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Marco_Cant/600881813

________________________
OTHER BOOKS BY MARCO

Delphi 2007 Handbook:
http://www.marcocantu.com/dh2007

Essential Pascal (sia su Lulu che su Amazon)
http://www.marcocantu.com/epascal

The Social Web:
http://www.lulu.com/content/2546948

(MY) WEB SITES
* Delphi Mentor: http://www.delphimentor.com
* The Delphi Search: http://www.thedelphisearch.com
* The classic newsgroup front end: http://delphi.newswhat.com
* My Italian shop: http://shop.wintech-italia.com

-Marco Cantù
Author of the Delphi books, Expert in Delphi, XML, Web 2.0
speaker, trainer, consultant.
http://www.marcocantu.com - http://blog.marcocantu.com