Marco News #14 - March 25th, 2011

Marco Cantu'

Mar 25, 2011, 1:22:38 PM3/25/11
to Marco Cantu Tech World
Welcome to my not-really monthly newsletter, featuring updates
on my work and some recent Delphi-related news.

_____________________________
DELPHI DEVELOPER DAYS 2011

There is still a little time to sign up for the DDD 2011 event
in the US and a week for the Early Bird discount for Europe.

In case you don't know, Delphi Developer Days 2011 is a joint event
with sessions by Marco Cantù and Cary Jensen, as well as joint
sessions of both of us.
We'll be covering a variety of topics, from upgrading your skills to
recent versions of Delphi to core talks on VCL Components, from COM to
design patterns, from version control system to DataSnap and REST.
Plus we'll have 4 guest speakers, a different one in each city.

The four-city tour in the United States and Europe will bring us to:

-- DC/Baltimore area, US: April 11-12, 2011
-- Houston, Texas, US: April 14-15, 2011
-- Frankfurt, Germany: May 12-13, 2011
-- Amsterdam, The Netherlands: May 16-17, 2011

This the international Delphi event of the year, but you can pick a
location near to you, or a city you'd like to visit! All locations are
easy to reach near airports or stations (or both).

Descriptions and sign in are at http://bit.ly/cn3vFO

___________________
Relax in Delphi

I've been working on an open source project to extend Delphi XE's REST
Application Architecture. You can find a lot of information on my blog
of my visiting the project home page at:
http://code.marcocantu.com/p/delphirelax/
If you have any interest in joining the project, using it for
development, or anything else just email me. I plan making a public
presentation soon, will blog and email about it.
___________________
RECENT BLOG POSTS

March: http://blog.marcocantu.com/blogarchive/2011-03.html

Looks Like Delphi is Producing Win64 Applications
Blaise Pascal for Delphi Starter
Delphi XE Enterprise Double Discount
My Delphi Developer Days 2011 Sessions
150 Years of Italy
Delphi Developer Days 2011 Guest Speakers
Understanding Embarcadero AppWave

February: http://blog.marcocantu.com/blogarchive/2011-02.html

Delphi Relax: Architecture and Strategy
Embarcadero, KSDev, and Next Generation Frameworks
UnbeliEvable MeMory FailurEs
16 Years Ago in San Francisco
Razor-Like Script in Delphi Relax
Delphi Relax Data Access Layer
jqGrid in Relax
Relax Newsgroup and New Units

_______________________________
DELPHI HANDBOOKS COLLECTION

You can find all my recent Delphi Handbooks in a single complete PDF
file (of almost 1,000 pages) at
http://sites.fastspring.com/wintechitalia/product/delphihandbookscollection

ONLINE PRESENCE
You can follow me on twitter at: http://twitter.com/marcocantu
You can find me on Facebook as: http://www.facebook.com/marcocantu
My blog is on http://blog.marcocantu.com

-Marco Cantù, Author of the Delphi books, Expert in Delphi, XML, Web
2.0
speaker, trainer, consultant. http://www.marcocantu.com