Marco News #15 - April 29th, 2011

Marco Cantu'

Apr 29, 2011, 2:49:13 AM4/29/11
to Marco Cantu Tech World
Welcome to my not-really monthly newsletter, featuring updates
on my work and some recent Delphi-related news.

______________________________________
DELPHI DEVELOPER DAYS 2011: EUROPE

With the US part of the tour successfully completed two weeks ago,
there is still little time to sign up for the European cities of the
DDD 2011 event, in Frankfurt and Amsterdam (in 2 weeks). If you don't
live in Europe, that's a good excuse for a visit!

In case you don't know, Delphi Developer Days 2011 is a joint event
with sessions by Marco Cantù and Cary Jensen, as well as joint
sessions of both of us.
We'll be covering a variety of topics, from upgrading your skills to
recent versions of Delphi to core talks on VCL Components, from COM to
design patterns, from version control system to DataSnap and REST.
Plus we'll have guest speakers, a different one in each city: In
Europe Bob Swart and Bruno Fierens.

The Europe events will be in:
-- Frankfurt, Germany: May 12-13, 2011
-- Amsterdam, The Netherlands: May 16-17, 2011

Descriptions and sign in are at http://bit.ly/cn3vFO

___________
Delphi 64 bit

A lot of information about the coming Delphi 64-bit compiler is
starting to show up. The most notable reference is certainly the video
released by Embarcadero, at:
http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/64-bit

Some info is also on my blog at:
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/Delphi_64_bit_sneak_preview.html
http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/getting_ready_delphi_64.html

___________________
RECENT BLOG POSTS

March:

Understanding Embarcadero AppWave
Delphi ClientDataSet Book (by Cary Jensen)

April:

GMail Motion and Joel on Coal
Delphi 64-bit Sneak Preview
Delphi Developer Days 2011 US Roundup
Getting Ready for Delphi 64

_______________________________
DELPHI HANDBOOKS COLLECTION

You can find all my recent Delphi Handbooks in a single complete PDF
file (of almost 1,000 pages) at
http://sites.fastspring.com/wintechitalia/product/delphihandbookscoll...

ONLINE PRESENCE

You can follow me on twitter at: http://twitter.com/marcocantu
You can find me on Facebook as: http://www.facebook.com/marcocantu
My blog is on http://blog.marcocantu.com

-Marco Cantù, Author of the Delphi books, Expert in Delphi, XML, Web
2.0
speaker, trainer, consultant. http://www.marcocantu.com