The Majestic Marble of Ancient Greece

Eligio Cordobés Padilla

Mar 27, 2023, 9:34:28 AM3/27/23
to MarbleTech Virtual Challenge Community
Dear VCC members,

As you know marble was highly valued in ancient Greece for its durability, purity, and beauty. It was extensively used in architecture, sculpture, and decorative art, and played a significant role in shaping the culture and aesthetics of ancient Greek society. From the grand temples of Athens to the exquisite sculptures of Aphrodite, marble has left an indelible mark on ancient Greek history and continues to inspire us today, and that's the reason why we wanted to let you know that I will be sharing a short presentation with you all about the importance of marble in Ancient Greece.

Through this presentation, we aim to provide insights into the historical and cultural significance of marble in Ancient Greece. We will delve into the ancient quarries, the techniques of sculpting and carving, and the various uses of marble in temples, public buildings, and sculptures.

I invite you all to join us in this journey to explore the wonders of ancient Greek architecture and learn about the role that marble played in shaping the culture and society of the time.

Looking forward to your feecback about the presentation.

Best regards

Marbletech_footer.PNG
02 The Majestic Marble of Ancient Greece.pdf

Agni Vytanioti

Mar 28, 2023, 7:15:09 AM3/28/23
to Eligio Cordobés Padilla, MarbleTech Virtual Challenge Community
Dear Eligio

a very nice presentation!

All the Best

Agni Vytaniotou