info requested about home omputer and/or server installation

JQ Adams

Dec 30, 2013, 4:09:21 PM12/30/13
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
Since the free service is being discontinued, I want to install the system on my own computer or on my dedicated server.

I have been reading the documentation but I am afraid the installation process is beyond my expertise,

I am in need of help and I was wondering if this was the place to ask.  If not, perhaps someone could put me on the right track.

Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Jon Ferraiolo

Dec 31, 2013, 11:56:32 AM12/31/13
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
If you want to run the software yourself as an individual, then download this ZIP:

Then unzip onto your system, and then follow the instructions in the readme.html file. (Basically, install Java, launch the server by running either maqetta.server.win.bat (for Windows) or maqetta.server.mac.command (for Mac), and then point your browser to http://localhost:50000/maqetta)

Setting up the software to run within your organization is fairly straightforward for someone who understands how to administer a Linux-based web server. Instructions are at https://github.com/maqetta/maqetta/wiki/Server-Installation-and-Setup

Hope that helps!

Jon Ferraiolo

JQ Adams

Dec 31, 2013, 3:13:39 PM12/31/13
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
TY Jon.  I have done that installation but even though I have the  latest Java version, the batch file says it can't be found.

Also, I tried to run the version check in cmd window and got an error message saying that Java was not a valid command.

Any thoughts on that?

JQ Adams

Dec 31, 2013, 3:37:12 PM12/31/13
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
:)  I installed the Java JDK and the programmed launched as intended!  Thank you for the help and suggestions.  I sincerely appreciate it.

Ricardo Simões

Feb 5, 2016, 5:22:45 PM2/5/16
to Maqetta Users
How about installation on a web server? I have a online hosting service with a domain associated. How can I launch Maqetta from there?