can not start Maqetta on Windows 8.1 desktop - please help

Petr Dlouhý

Jul 2, 2014, 7:44:48 AM7/2/14
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
Hi there I am newbie,
please help me to solve following issue:

Have 2 computers: windows 8 and windows 7, both having JAVA, both in the same LAN
On Windows 7 I am running Maquetta server with out problems!
On Windows 8.1 (desktop interface) I am getting following message:
WARNING: Could not determine what version of JAVA you have.
Using directory: C:\Users\Petr\Desktop\maqueta\users
Start your browser at http://localhost:50000/magetta
java is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have reinstalled JAVA - did not helped.
Any idea what I should do?
Thank you for your help!

Bill Reed

Jul 2, 2014, 8:50:41 AM7/2/14
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
"java is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." Most likely Java is not installed correctly on your windows 8.1 system. The PATH system/environment variable is missing the path where java was installed, adding the location where java is installed should fix your issue.

Jon Ferraiolo

Jul 2, 2014, 8:51:37 AM7/2/14
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
Try opening a command window on your Windows 8.1 machine and typing the command "bogus" and "java". My guess is that you'll get a "command not found" in both cases (or whatever Windows says when you issue a command that it does not understand). If so, then you need to do whatever Windows things to get the "java" command to work. Back in the olden days of Windows, you had to bring up a system dialog of some sort and modify the PATH to include the directory where the java.exe command is located on your system. But I haven't done much with Windows in a long time. Maybe someone else on the list will be able to provide more detailed instructions. (One more thing: after changing the PATH, I'm not sure if you'll need to reboot to get it to actually work.)

Jon

Petr Dlouhý

Jul 2, 2014, 11:25:07 AM7/2/14
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
Thx!. I edited the PATH and now everything works nicely. Have learned something again.
Thank you once again!

Liza Jenifer

Jul 13, 2014, 2:48:16 AM7/13/14
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
you'll get a "charge not found" in both cases (or whatever Windows says when you issue an order that it doesn't get it). Assuming this is the case, then you have to do whatever Windows things to get the "java" charge to work. Back in the past days of Windows, you needed to raise a framework dialog or something to that affect and change the PATH to incorporate the registry where the java.exe charge is placed on your framework. However I haven't done much with Windows in quite a while.......
Security Cameras For Home | Wifi Security Camera