Brand new sources - "The org.eclipse.osgi plug-in is missing from this configuration"

Tony Su

Nov 1, 2012, 6:14:43 PM11/1/12
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
Following the instructions on this page as much as possible
The org.eclipse.osgi plug-in is missing from this configuration

Linux
x64 openSUSE 12.2

Eclipse SDK (Juno)
Version: 4.2.0
Build id: I20120608-1400

Maqetta source
cloned main branch from Github (Oct 31, 2012)
then updated submodules (adding sources for gridx, dojo, etc) (Nov 1, 2012)

The page only includes workdirectory setting instructions for Windows and MacOS, no instructions for Linux, therefor I skipped although is not likely central to the main problem.

Per the instructions attempted to Run... Run Confiurations.. OSGI Framework.. Run

The first attempt running, I determined that the OSGI Framework is required so I went into Help... Install New Software and found the OSGI Framework which I then installed.

After installing the OSGI Framework, the attempt to start the Maqetta Server fails with the following error
 "The org.eclipse.osgi plug-in is missing from this configuration"

I get that error no matter what combination of"Run Configuration" maqetta objects are selected.

Unable to find anyone who has posted exactly my situation, but found this likely open bug (https://github.com/maqetta/maqetta/issues/2941) which suggests inserting a "-clean" parameter when launching but I don't see how that might be configurable when launching from eclipse.

Is maquetta just broken for now?

TIA,
TSU

Javier Pedemonte

Nov 15, 2012, 6:32:05 PM11/15/12
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for taking so long to respond.

I just updated the Developer Setup guide.  Please review it and make sure you've done all of the steps.  In particular, pay attention to the Target Platform section...

Javier
- maqetta team

bahma...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2014, 2:09:05 PM4/16/14
to maqett...@googlegroups.com

i got this error : The org.eclipse.osgi plug-in is missing from this configuration.
could you please help me, and explain brifly.thank you