Need help with adding a very basic widget library

Fedor Biryukov

Jan 26, 2017, 7:46:16 PM1/26/17
to Maqetta Developers
I think I've found how to create a basic widget library and add it to the project. But I miss something...

If you see it - github commit - please help.

Fedor Biryukov

Jan 27, 2017, 4:41:56 PM1/27/17
to Maqetta Developers
You need to create a new project to see your new widget library... Can anyone explain WHY?

Jon Ferraiolo

Jan 27, 2017, 5:30:00 PM1/27/17
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
my memory is fuzzy, but somehow the java server figures out what widget libraries are there by using Eclipse or OSGI mechanisms. I don't remember where to look in the code. It might be hard to find because Eclipse server reads an XML file or something and processes it inside of Eclipse logic, which I believe  isn't in the Maqetta code base.

Fedor Biryukov

Jan 27, 2017, 8:31:04 PM1/27/17
to Maqetta Developers
Thank you, Jon!

Now that I read your reply, I see my message in a completely different light. I could have written a better question.

I know all the bits you need to set while making a new widget library, and I understand how it works. That is exactly why I posted my question.

Today I could dig a little bit deeper. And I found out that after adding a new widget library to maqetta source code, you need to create a new project in maqetta in order to use it. The new library is not loaded in old projects. I wonder why. I know how to change this behavior. I just wonder whether it is a conscious decision and if so what's the reasoning behind it.

Thanks again, Jon!

Jon Ferraiolo

Jan 27, 2017, 8:57:05 PM1/27/17
to maqett...@googlegroups.com
I personally wanted to remove the requirement for a new project, but we never got around to it. I felt it would be better to use either a Json file which lists the libraries or just look for libraries in a particular folder.