Newbie having problems

USAir

May 4, 2015, 3:24:42 AM5/4/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
Downloaded Mapwel Demo about a month ago it's taken that long to get this far.

Downloaded a 24k topo Geotiff uploaded this to Mapwel so far so good.
Uploaded some waypoints from my 60csx worked great still good.
Created a polygon from these waypoints changed color to light orange still great.

Uploaded to my Garmin 60csx it worked but the topo maps are gone it only uploaded the polygon I created.

Please help.

I think Mapwel will work for me but my lack of knowledge is the problem.

Thanks
Fred

USAir

May 6, 2015, 3:20:45 AM5/6/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com

Ok started over this time opened wayfiles and track as Garmin .gbx file first.
In properties I checked Transparent Map .
Then Merged my Geotiff.

Everything looks great but when I go to Color GPS tab at the bottom of Main Window all I see is yellow background my tracks waypoints...But no Geotiff.

Maybe Demo version doesn't allow this.

Like I stated before would like to purchase but now just not sure.

What do you guys think I am going wrong?

Thanks for any help

Fred

USAir

May 6, 2015, 3:20:54 AM5/6/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, May 4, 2015 at 3:24:42 AM UTC-4, USAir wrote:

I got one response to this thank you.(emailed)

I did try setting the polygon properties to Transparent Map I also did the same for my waypoints.
But when I select Color GPS tab it still covers/masks out my topo/base map.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the help too

Fred

Bekir ılgar

May 6, 2015, 3:21:37 AM5/6/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
iI do not like English, but I know from the map, send your map, examined.

Bekir ılgar

May 6, 2015, 3:21:44 AM5/6/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com

I probably can help

USAir

May 8, 2015, 2:00:01 PM5/8/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, May 4, 2015 at 3:24:42 AM UTC-4, USAir wrote:

Ok I think I understand.

I will try to attach the file.TK_7.mpw

Thank You

Fred

TK_7.mpw

Bekir ılgar

May 8, 2015, 2:00:19 PM5/8/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
You say so correctly, the program will ldemo, or enjoying the fracture water problems, missing or doing transactions

Jim Fulmis (Yeti)

May 9, 2015, 3:52:20 AM5/9/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
If your maps are disappearing then you may have not marked your map as transparent. If it's an overlay it should be a transparent map.
Yeti

USAir

May 11, 2015, 3:19:10 AM5/11/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone for the help

I am still not sure what is going on  with my Basic map.

I have set the Map to transparent still no go.
When I send my map to 60csx I get no topo map.
My background map is a geotiff...I don't see it when sent to the gps.

One question shouldn't I see the topo map when I select the Color Map tab in the main window?

Like I said above thanks guys for the help sorry I'm not getting this.
I was thinking my easy map was a good place to start and then build on that for future maps.
Seems that if you start with a Geotiff background then add some points or polygon then you should be able to send what you see in the Color Gps tap to your unit.

Fred

USAir

May 21, 2015, 7:43:48 AM5/21/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
Just a couple of questions please...

With the Demo version can you see a geptiff background in the Color GPS tab?
Page 74 in the PDF version of the manual marked color in that version.

Has anybody loaded my map into their Mapwell?
If so does it work with the paid version?

Thanks again

Fred

Bekir ılgar

May 21, 2015, 7:43:58 AM5/21/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
mapwel your file is sending the file does not seem valid. Are you able to send me files with the original projections, and additional files.

This topographic maps, vector maps or you want to move up, to load raster map as a global mapper le very easy right? Points on the same program convert Gpx in the area and would assign one to GPS.

Bekir ılgar

May 21, 2015, 7:44:26 AM5/21/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
This topographical map, you want to move my vektorel haritaya, raster maps to download as a global mapper le very easy right? Points on the same program convert Gpx in the area and would assign one to GPS.

USAir

May 25, 2015, 2:46:50 AM5/25/15
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
Ok I attached all the files I used to make my map.
The .gpx is is just waypoints I collected from the ground and used to make my polygon.
Thanks for the help.

I have tried several times using everyone's suggestions.
I also have tired many different ways to make the map but no luck.

I also have tried to just use a kml and kmz of a different area and just see if I can see the map in the color gps tab but it doesn't work.

Thanks
Fred

On Monday, May 4, 2015 at 3:24:42 AM UTC-4, USAir wrote:
KY_Berlin_708157_1952_24000.kmz
Prop Lines.gpx