symbology in Nuvi

Blake Jones

Jan 30, 2014, 9:11:58 AM1/30/14
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
I uploaded my map that i created in Mapwel yesterday to our garmin unit and almost none of the symbology is the same as what i had chosen in mapwel. For example, my consumers that were houses in Mapwel, were tea cups in the garmin.  Any ideas, suggestions?

Thank you,

Blake Jones

Dusan

Feb 6, 2014, 2:40:56 AM2/6/14
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
You are probably using custom drawn icons in your map. To make them work properly, your map must have unique family and product ID. If two or more maps have the same IDs, icons from first map are used for all other maps with same family and product ID.

Dusan

lukas

Feb 8, 2014, 3:44:03 AM2/8/14
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
Is custom symobolgy in Nuvi still not supported? I keep using the standard ones only because once I use the 'user defined' it simply not displayed.
Even the search is not working when I user the 'user defined'. Is there any workaround to it?
Are there any future plans this will be supported in the future?

Lukas

Chad Blackwell

Feb 10, 2014, 9:14:28 AM2/10/14
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
Blake,
I've been using Mapwell to put our poles, lines, reclosers, fuses and consumers on the Garmin for about 5 years using the Nuvi255W.  I've tested a couple of new ones but that's the only one I have been able to find that displays correctly.  What model are you using?  The 255W's are getting hard to find!

Chad Blackwell

Blake Jones

Feb 17, 2014, 10:50:38 AM2/17/14
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
I just ended up going with symbology found in Mapwell for most of my POI's.

Blake Jones

Jul 25, 2014, 9:32:09 AM7/25/14
to mapwel...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, everyone! I appreciate all of your answers and input! Chad, I believe that we have Nuvi 1490's here at First Electric Cooperative.  Sorry for taking so long to respond. And Dusan, thank you for the info concerning family and product ID. That helped a lot.

My update as of now is that I have all my features displayed properly. They show the user defined symbology properly. Now I am just trying to figure if I can add my poles, meters, etc.. without having to have a name or comment displayed on the map view. My maps work fine and everyone likes them okay. I am just trying to make it more aesthetically pleasing. Any continued help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all,

Blake Jones