Anything new lately?

CyberBobCity

Jan 24, 2011, 3:39:34 PM1/24/11
to Maptini Community
Hey guys, I just found Maptini and have played around with it and I
think it's easily going to become my favorite Mind Mapping software. I
currently have used iThoughts and iThoughts HD, but i don't like how
they transfer to using FreeMind. Honestly, if I make a map I want it
to look exactly the same where ever I work with it. Maptini with the
web interface works on a mac or pc, and works even if I don't have
software installed!

I don't see any posts really since November so I was just curious
what's been happening. The only thing I really need so I can have this
be the ultimate tool is PDF of JPG exporting, so I can make a map and
pass it around the office with people who need to see it.

I just bought the iphone/ipad app and so far it's flawless. Thanks
much

CyberBobCity

Jeremy Lightsmith

Jan 24, 2011, 5:08:40 PM1/24/11
to maptini-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

It's great to hear you're loving our app.  We owe the world a few blog entries, but the next thing we're working on is readonly and true private maps.  It's been a pretty big feature, but we hope to have it done sometime next month.  We need to put up a roadmap of the upcoming feature work, a lot of people are interested in exporting not just to pdf / jpg, but also to freemind.

Thanks for the support!

----
Jeremy Lightsmith
Maptini Product Owner
312-953-1193

Bob Butterworth

Jan 24, 2011, 5:52:21 PM1/24/11
to maptini-...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean by true private maps? I see when logging onto the web the first time, it says "add a public map". So is that creating a map that all the world can see? I thought only if I shared it people would see it. Is that not the case? I think only being able to create maps that everyone in the world can see would limit it's use for me unfortunately. The immediate syncing with your app as well as being able to use it on every platform I have though is tremendous...

Jeremy Lightsmith

Jan 24, 2011, 5:55:41 PM1/24/11
to maptini-...@googlegroups.com
We currently have public maps and unlisted maps.  Unlisted means that anyone with the link can edit, but we don't share the link with anyone.  What we don't have is the ability to actually protect a map from viewing or editing.  That's what we're adding.

You actually can create unlisted maps from the web, create a public map, and then go to sharing and change it to "anyone with the link can edit"

----
Jeremy Lightsmith
Maptini Product Owner
312-953-1193