forgetting passowrd

mohanad ani

Jun 25, 2016, 10:06:38 AM6/25/16
to Maptini Community
i forget me password
and i ask to reset
but i didn't get the reset email
i can't sign in to my account
can any one help

Jeremy Lightsmith

Jun 25, 2016, 10:14:05 AM6/25/16
to Maptini Community
Mohanad,

I have bad news for you and anyone else who has tried to do this. We accidentally let our domain expire a few months ago (it's been on life support for several years, us paying to keep the server up out of loyalty to our customers).

Someone else grabbed the domain, and put up a phishing site that looks like ours but has an extra "Stay safe and spyware free" add on the bottom right. It is also presumably taking passwords for the party doing it. Godaddy won't give it back to us without us hiring a lawyer and doing a bunch of legal work, which doesn't make sense to us at this time.

I would send an email to Godaddy to get rid of this potentially dangerous site.

in the meantime, you can temporarily get at your maps here: http://maptini.herokuapp.com/users/maps

Do it soon, as I only brought this site up for a few days.

Jeremy