Why are new maps public by default?

Sandeep Sachdev

Apr 17, 2012, 11:29:06 PM4/17/12
to maptini-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I noticed that maps are public by default when created. I would think a lot of people would be accidentally sharing maps when they don't realise it and this would be privacy concern. Wouldn't it make more sense to make them private unless the user specifically decides to share their map.

Alternatively can you provide a way for users to configure a default option for sharing settings for new maps so they can make it private by default. It is cumbersome to go into every new map and change the shared setting to be private

thanks
Sandeep