NITF and TOC files

Gary

Oct 16, 2018, 11:39:38 AM10/16/18
to MapTiler Community
Will MapTiler ever support these very important raster formats (in the UI)? They are supported by GDAl, so I can't really see a reason why not.

Gary

Oct 22, 2018, 11:30:56 AM10/22/18
to MapTiler Community
...oddly, the command line engine seems to support NITF files.  So why wouldn't the UI?

MIKI

Oct 23, 2018, 4:19:49 AM10/23/18
to MapTiler Community
Hi Gary,

could you, please, describe more, what is the problem? Which OS are you using GUI and Engine?
NITF file format seems to be in the list of supported raster files, but it could probably depend on OS.
You may also report this as a bug and upload an example of your file not working via https://www.maptiler.com/how-to/bug-report/

Gary

Oct 23, 2018, 5:36:19 AM10/23/18
to MapTiler Community
Aha!  Having had a closer look, I see that it is merely the default list of 'accepted raster formats' (i.e. the suffix filter on the file selection dialog) which doesn't list or accept *.ntf.  In fact, I see further down the list that NITF is there, and if I select 'All files *,.*' and select a NITF file, it is indeed ingested.

MIKI

Oct 23, 2018, 5:41:25 AM10/23/18
to MapTiler Community
Ah, thanks for notice, we haven't saw that NITF actually has an extension *.ntf, not *.nitf.