MT Cloud very poor performance with openlayers: How to improve?

jeepay

Oct 15, 2018, 10:40:57 PM10/15/18
to MapTiler Community

I switched from Free to Flex plan and expected significant performance improvements but can't see any for the moment:

I simply created a HTML page on my computer and pasted the source code provided at https://cloud.maptiler.com/maps/basic/openlayers for zoom 16 on Singapore

Impossible to get fully this map in less than 5 secondes and this is way too much for a good UX.

What to do to get performance comparable to Google Maps (the same custom styled map in about 1 seconde)?

Seth Smigelski

Oct 15, 2018, 11:04:38 PM10/15/18
to mapt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I find that the map that tiles load very fast - perhaps faster than Gmaps*.  If others aren't having a problem, perhaps something in your implementation is lagging. Have you run a comparison against another map tile provider?

 *I am using the vector tiles with leaflet, not Openlayers.

Good luck!

Seth

Message has been deleted

jeepay

Oct 16, 2018, 5:12:43 AM10/16/18
to MapTiler Community
From the sample source code provided at https://cloud.maptiler.com/maps/basic/, I did a comparison Mapbox GL vs Leaflet vs Openlayers for vector tiles zoom 16 Singapore:
For all 3, it takes 4 to 5 seconds to get all the map tiles displayed (Openlayers being the slowest).

This loading time comes below 2 seconds by using raster tiles instead of vector tiles