Request Counting Question

seth

Oct 1, 2018, 9:15:16 PM10/1/18
to MapTiler Community
Hello,

I understand that "1 request = 1 map tile load."

When embedding a vector street view map, 4 OSM tiles are indeed fetched.  Files like: "https://maps.tilehosting.com/data/v3/ ... .pbf?key"

When I use a vector topo map, more files are retrieved:

4 OSM .pbfs
4 contours .pbfs
4 hillshades .pngs

Does this result in a billing of 12 map loads to display this topo map (as opposed to 4)?

As a follow-up question, do the sprite .png files also count as a map load?

Thank you,

Seth

MapTiler

Oct 2, 2018, 2:13:12 AM10/2/18
to MapTiler User Group
Hello Seth,

4 OSM .pbfs, 4 contours .pbfs, 4 hillshades .pngs result in the billing of 12 requests (tile loads).

No, sprite .png files, as well as fonts, are not being counted to the billing.

Best regards,
Martin
--
MapTiler Team
Twitter: @klokantech

seth

Oct 2, 2018, 1:07:15 PM10/2/18
to MapTiler Community
Hi Martin,

Thanks for clarifying with your reply.

If you have a moment to answer one more thing, that would be greatly appreciated.  I need a little help interpreting the numbers on the Analytics dashboard (screen shot attached).

What number does "0.39 M" Total requests represent?  Should it be interpreted as three hundred and ninety thousand (390 000), thirty-nine thousand (39 000) or something else?  And how should daily estimated totals, like "0.0921 M" be read?  I am confused by the four digits to the right of the period.

Thank you!

Seth
Analtyics-Screen-Shot.png

MapTiler

Oct 3, 2018, 7:15:53 AM10/3/18
to MapTiler User Group
Hi Seth,

we will probably change the interpretation in the future.

The logic is:
  • 0.39 M = 0.39 million = 390 000
  • 0.0921 M = 0.0921 million = 92 100

Best regards,