Integrating MapTiler Cloud with Tableau Desktop

JLegare

Sep 4, 2018, 12:48:26 PM9/4/18
to MapTiler Community
Hi all, my company is looking to move away from mapbox to MapTiler, I've been working with my Tableau account manager they they were unable to find a successful use case of making this product work with Tableau, however I don't currently see any reason why not.

Tableau uses custom mapping with a tms file, in simple configs I've been able to get it to work like such
<mapsource inline="true" version="8.2">

<connection api-version="2" class="OpenStreetMap" indicator-server='http://services.arcgisonline.com' layer-separator="," max-stretch="1.2" min-shrink="0.667" offline="" port="80" server='http://services.arcgisonline.com' url-format='/ArcGIS/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer/tile/{Z}/{Y}/{X}'/>

But have not successfully been able to connect to map tiler cloud:
<mapsource inline="true" version="8.1">
<connection api-version="1.0.0" class="OpenStreetMap" port="80" server="https://maps.tilehosting.com" url-format="{z}/{x}/{y}.png?key={K}" username="*keygoeshere*" />
<layers>

Has anyone had any experience getting this service to work for Tableau desktop?

Thanks!

MapTiler

Sep 5, 2018, 3:52:34 AM9/5/18
to MapTiler User Group
Hi Jonathan,

thank you very much for your interest in our company and our products!

I have asked our developers for the tips for you. As soon as I hear from them I'll let you know.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Eliska
--
MapTiler Team
Twitter: @klokantech

tom.ar...@maptiler.com

Jul 15, 2022, 11:02:09 AM7/15/22
to MapTiler Community
Hi Jonathan,

Getting MapTiler maps into Tableau is now very simple since we added a Download TMS button to each map in your account, even the customized ones.  We have also added this functionality to MapTiler Server, so you can do the same with self-hosted maps as well.

There are a couple of "how-to" guides you may find useful:
Kind regards,

Tom

--

TOM ARMITAGE

Technical Writer

MapTiler

Zug, Switzerland

+41 (0)41 511 26 12

www.maptiler.com

vidmates

Apr 19, 2024, 10:00:10 AM (7 days ago) Apr 19
to MapTiler Community
Vidmate is a popular video downloading app for Android devices, offering a vast library of movies, music, and TV shows for offline viewing. With its user-friendly interface and wide range of supported platforms, Vidmate allows users to easily access and download their favorite multimedia content from various sources with just a few taps.