Hide/remove POI for bus stops in layer editor

ako977

Oct 22, 2018, 12:29:55 PM10/22/18
to MapTiler Community
I am trying to hide only bus stop POIs in the layer editor.

However they are grouped in the POI level 1 and level 2 categories, so hiding that layer, hides other POIs (like some shops, schools, etc.).

Is there a way to hide only bus stop POIs in the map?

Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 12.24.01 PM.png

ako977

Oct 22, 2018, 12:32:11 PM10/22/18
to MapTiler Community
Screenshot doesn't seem to be showing up so attaching it to this comment
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 12.24.01 PM.png

Julien

Oct 22, 2018, 5:47:36 PM10/22/18
to MapTiler Community
Hello !

I'm sorry to not giving you a full reply. But I had the same issue and you actually have to play with the filters. In your current screenshots, you can see its displayed the POI not by types but by ranks.. I can't tell you more at the moment because I don't remember what I did. But this code helped me understand.

ako977

Oct 23, 2018, 12:21:55 AM10/23/18
to MapTiler Community
Thanks for the assist, however, I don't think the filter works much because even if I alter the rank, it applies to all items that have that rank.
There are also some other POIs that rank higher.

I see that I can add different kinds of filters, but with the fields available on a POI, it seems the only way I can achieve what I want is if I filtered based on the "name" of the POI.

There doesn't seem to be unique traits to differentiate all bus stop locations.

Julien

Oct 23, 2018, 2:58:51 AM10/23/18
to MapTiler Community
Sorry I was not clear but what I meant is by reading the files on github you could find the right field to filter on. Rank is not good for what you want, you already noticed it.
What you're looking for is class or subclass if I recall.

ako977

Oct 23, 2018, 10:11:50 PM10/23/18
to MapTiler Community
Ok, I think I understand what you mean now. basically if I can find the class/subclass of the bus stops, I could use the filter to exclude them.
You meant to check the source code on github to try and determine that.

Ok, I will give it a shot, thanks

ako977

Oct 23, 2018, 10:44:38 PM10/23/18
to MapTiler Community
Just wanted to confirm that @Julien suggestion of filtering by class / subclass worked.

I found the class that was most likely for buses in the layer called "bus" here: https://github.com/maptiler/openmaptiles/blob/master/layers/poi/class.sql

I then filtered to exclude that class in all the poi layers using the filter in the maptiler editor.

Julien

Oct 24, 2018, 3:12:20 AM10/24/18
to MapTiler Community
Oh great !

I'm sorry I didn't I couldn't give you the direct answer right away. My project with POI was months ago and I have a short memory so I could only give you a direction.. But I'm glad you found it !