MapTiler Docker Problem

Jan

Sep 28, 2018, 7:49:08 AM9/28/18
to MapTiler Community
Hi everyone,

we've tested "Map Tiler Pro" to convert a geopdf to png tiles. With the demo version of "MacTiler Pro GUI" on a Mac Book Pro that worked very well and we've got good results. But then we've tried to test our process with the docker image of MapTiler. But there we've a problem with the same input file.

We've used following command:
# docker run -ti --rm -v $(pwd):/data maptiler/engine maptiler -o outputdir input.pdf

The result was:

# There are 30 days remaining in your demo.
#
# Opening           66 % - %

We've tried to start maptiler inside the docker image to get a better output:

# docker run -ti --rm -v $(pwd):/data maptiler/engine bash
# root@42b4f9d51a6e:/data# maptiler input.pdf
# There are 30 days remaining in your demo.
#
# Opening            0 % / Segmentation fault

Does anybody have a glue what could go wrong with the docker image?

Best regards,
Jan

Gary

Oct 16, 2018, 11:42:24 AM10/16/18
to MapTiler Community
it worked fine for me from Docker.  I did have to bash in and run it directly though. Don't you need to specify the output dir (your second example)?