Overzooming On a Custom Dataset

Kevin Palmer

Sep 21, 2018, 1:42:58 AM9/21/18
to MapTiler Community
I uploaded a .mbtiles file to MapTiler Cloud. It says on the dataset page that the maximum zoom level is 7. But I need it to overzoom past 7 even though it will be blurry.
The preview map on the dataset page lets me keep zooming in. But when I add the tiles to my own map they disappear above zoom level 7.

See what I mean on the 'Light Pollution' layer here: https://darksitefinder.com/maps/world-test.html

Once I figure out how to enable overzooming then I can completely switch over from my old host, Mapbox. They had this enabled by default.

MapTiler

Sep 24, 2018, 8:00:05 AM9/24/18
to MapTiler User Group
Hi Kevin,

thank you for contacting us.

You can set "maxNativeZoom" when creating the L.tileLayer, so the Leaflet knows that the more detailed tiles don't exist and it will instead upscale the less detailed tiles. See https://leafletjs.com/reference-1.3.4.html#tilelayer-maxnativezoom

Best regards,
Martin
--
MapTiler Team