print with wmts background layer fails

Stefan Overkamp

Mar 15, 2022, 4:52:40 AM3/15/22
to mapstore-users
Hi,

I installed a local version of mapstore 2021.02.02 and configured it to
use my in production backend.
All fine.

Using the print function printing fails, if I have one of my wmts
background layers selected with:

Error on printing: Error while generating PDF:
org.mapfish.print.JsonMissingException:
attribute [spec.layers[0].style] missing
at org.mapfish.print.utils.PJsonObject.getString(PJsonObject.java:56)
at
org.mapfish.print.map.readers.WMTSMapReader.<init>(WMTSMapReader.java:78)
at
org.mapfish.print.map.readers.WMTSMapReader.<init>(WMTSMapReader.java:40)
at org.mapfish.print.map.readers.WMTSMapReader$Factory.cre
ate(WMTSMapReader.java:45)

If I choose an empty background printing works.
A problematic wmts backroud layer is e.g.
https://geodaten.metropoleruhr.de/spw2?style=default

There is a closed issue:
https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/issues/7705
failure to print WMTS background layers coming from non-geoserver services

How to analyze orf fix my problem?

Thanks

Stefan

--