import a database table without geometry

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

Gildas Jr BOKO

Oct 2, 2022, 11:05:06 AM10/2/22
to mapstore-users
Hello everyone,
I am a beginner in webgis and I am exploring Mapstore functionnalities in building dashboard. I got the basics but I'm facing a special situation.
I have a layer with points data (health centres). And another table with those same points with a set of indicators. For each point, there are several lines. There is no geometry column in this table.
Is there a way to get this table into Mapstore in order to use it for dashboarding (a little bit like in Tableau) ? Even through a one-to-many join ?
Or is the dashboard widget limited to attributes data ?

Thanks for your help.
Gildas Jr

Lorenzo Natali

Oct 3, 2022, 10:12:53 AM10/3/22
to mapstore-users
Hi,
In a dashboard I think it is feasable, even if I never tried.
I don't know what will be the behavior if you try to link it to a map (it may crash).
You can try an let us know if it works.
You will probably have to create a view on the database that does an outer join, so you have the cartesian product on the data published.
Then publish the view as a layer on GeoServer and create the dashboard using the layer published.