Troubleshooting PDF Generation Issues in MapStore with GeoServer Layers

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

Oumayma

Apr 30, 2024, 3:52:56 AMApr 30
to mapstore-users
Hi there, I'm encountering issues when generating PDFs of layers from my GeoServer (localhost) in MapStore. The PDF only includes the basemap and not my layer. However, when I print layers from other GeoServer links, they print correctly. How can I resolve this problem?

Lorenzo Natali

Apr 30, 2024, 3:59:23 AMApr 30
to mapstore-users
Hi,
probably your localhost GeoServer is not reachable from the MapStore backend.
In fact, while most of the webmapping operation ( like pan and zoom, feature info etc...) are performed by your browser, the print operation are performed by MapStore server.
So in that case, all the resources that you want to print must be reachable from the MapStore host machine (typically public on internet, on in the local network) with the address you specified.
"localhost" is a reserved address that means "this machine". It works when "this machine" is the same of the browser for web browsing, but you must specify a valid address, when you want to print, and make you sure that the address and the GeoSerer is accessible from the MapStore host machine.

harry cr7

Apr 30, 2024, 8:54:30 AMApr 30
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hello
did you try to add the geoserver url to this part of your localConfig.json file (mapstore file)
image.png

try and let us know
in case you add it , you must restart your server