Layer has not loaded correctly

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

Muhammad Afiq “Kazu” Nooralhadi

Mar 25, 2024, 4:38:03 AMMar 25
to mapstore-users
Hi,

I have faced the same problem in this thread. The layer that could not loaded is an image (GeoTiff) and a shape file. I have tried creating a new workspace and new store in the GeoServer, and was hoping that it would work, but it still does not work.

Could anyone assist me with this problem?
Thank you, and I appreciate it.

Muhammad Afiq Nooralhadi

Mar 28, 2024, 4:39:35 AMMar 28
to mapstore-users
Screen Shot 2024-03-28 at 2.42.39 PM.png
This is the output from the console. Apparently it failed to load resources. Can you assist me or guide me to solve this issue?

Lorenzo Natali

Mar 29, 2024, 5:22:27 AMMar 29
to mapstore-users
Hi both,
the previous thread quoted was responding to the needing of transfeering some map from one server to another (eg. from localhost to the web, or from one domain to another domain).
In case of problems, this strategy may require a little of knowledge about how OGC standards and http works to solve problems.

As users I can suggest the simplest way. Try to add layers to the map is through the catalog, using the UI.
This makes you sure that the server is correctly responding at the address you provided.
Then if you need, you can export the working map and use the URL you find as example for the other maps you want to modify.

Hope it helps.

Muhammad Afiq Nooralhadi

Apr 2, 2024, 3:45:13 AMApr 2
to mapstore-users
Hi Lorenzo,

Thank you for responding.
In my local machine, the way I added my layer is through the catalog in the Mapstore. I save the project/map. But when I try to log in from another machine using the local machine's IP address, it seems that I could not view the image because of the layer could not loaded correctly.
Thank you for your time.

Lorenzo Natali

Apr 2, 2024, 4:01:57 AMApr 2
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Yes,
this is because localhost is an alias for the local machine. Every machine resolves "localhost" as itself.
In order to make a web service reachable, you need to use an address that is accessible for all the machines involved.
It can usually be a public domain (e.g. www.something.org) or an IP address.
So if for instance you want to make this application work on the web, you will probably need to insert a domain. If you want to make it available in your local network, you will have to insert the local IP of the machine.