Trouble loading more than 4 layers

Ricardo M

Jun 30, 2017, 8:30:50 PM6/30/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com

Hello

I'm having some trouble with MapStore on Windows 10, I've downloaded the mapstore2-2017.03.01-bin.zip release. I've successfully executed the mapstore2-startup.bat and signed in the admin account. I've created some maps with a few layers from my local geoserver and everythings works fine.

Today I created a map with more than 4 layers and it worked well when I had it on the "New Map" page.

But when I tried to open the saved map, the page only showed the controls and a "Loading ..." message, but it never finished to load the map.

Is there anything I had done wrong? It only happens on maps with more than 4 layers, even if I've setted the rule the map can be viewed by everyone.

I've checked the mapstore.log file, but I've not found the error:

INFO   2017-06-30 18:34:20.212   UserServiceAuthenticationProvider.authenticate() - US: admin

INFO   2017-06-30 18:34:20.263   AbstractLoggingInterceptor.log() - Inbound Message

----------------------------

ID: 82

Address: /mapstore/rest/geostore/data/46

Headers: {Authorization=[Basic YWRtaW46YWRtaW4=], referer=[http://localhost:8082/mapstore/], Accept=[application/json, text/plain, */*], accept-language=[es-MX,es-ES;q=0.9,es;q=0.7,es-AR;q=0.6,es-CL;q=0.4,en-US;q=0.3,en;q=0.1], host=[localhost:8082], connection=[keep-alive], accept-encoding=[gzip, deflate], user-agent=[Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0], Content-Type=[null]}

--------------------------------------

INFO   2017-06-30 18:34:20.264   RESTServiceImpl.extractAuthUser() - Accessing service with user admin and role ADMIN

INFO   2017-06-30 18:34:20.269   AbstractLoggingInterceptor.log() - Outbound Message

---------------------------

ID: 82

Response-Code: 200

Headers: {Date=[Fri, 30 Jun 2017 23:34:20 GMT]}

--------------------------------------

 Thanks in advance!!!

Lorenzo Pini

Jul 3, 2017, 4:00:47 AM7/3/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ricardo,
can you please reproduce the issue while keeping the browser developer console open?
If there is an error it may show up there.

MapStore2 should be able to handle more than 4 layers, we have a demo map with 12, can you please verify if it is a specify layer that causes the problem?

Thank you

Regards,
Lorenzo Pini
==
==

Lorenzo Pini
Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Ricardo M

Jul 3, 2017, 1:24:55 PM7/3/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lorenzo.

I've reproduced the issue as suggested, the only error I saw on the browser developer console was about a file not found (mapstore/react-joyride-compiled.css.map). I looked for it and, in fact, I couldn't found it on the mapstore folder.
Yes, I know MapStore is able to handle many layers (the demos are well displayed locally even if the have many layers).
About my layers, I've used these same ones on other web map applications (and in the preview on geoserver and geoexplorer) and they are displayed well. Even I can obtain information from the points or polygons, but the problem only happens when I want to use MapStore2.

You know if the not found file error could be the cause of my problem?

Thanks

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Lorenzo Pini

Jul 10, 2017, 6:43:59 AM7/10/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ricardo,
if you start with an empty map, are you able to load the layers one by one using the catalog?

Regards,
Lorenzo Pini
==
==

[...]

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 7:24 PM, Ricardo M <ing.ricard...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi lorenzo.

Ricardo M

Jul 10, 2017, 2:09:59 PM7/10/17
to mapstore-users

Hi Lorenzo.

Yes, when starting an empty map, I'm able to load the layers one by one from catalog.

Lorenzo Pini

Jul 13, 2017, 5:58:43 AM7/13/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ricardo,
we reproduced the issue, it happen with a standard GeoServer configuration.

Here's the github issue we are keeping track of this: https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/issues/2021

I'm assuming you are using GeoServer with your custom data.

To mitigate the issue you have to either:
- increase the GeoStore stored data limit
- limit the SRS list in the GeoServer configuration.

To increase GeoStore data limit:
- Download the h2 database tool, or use your preferred database client.
- Connect to the geostore.h2.db file with the user "geostore", password "geostore".
- Run the following query: "ALTER TABLE GS_STORED_DATA ALTER COLUMN STORED_DATA TYPE VARCHAR(2000000)"
(Note: the limit is set to 2Mb, you can increase it at will)

To limit the SRS list in the GeoServer configuration:
- Open the GeoServer web admin page (/geoserver/web)
- Go to Services -> WMS
- Set a list of SRS you want to use in the "Limited SRS list" textbox (Example: "4326, 3857, 3003")
- Save

Regards,
Lorenzo Pini
==
==

[...]

Ricardo M

Jul 14, 2017, 1:21:45 PM7/14/17
to mapstore-users
Hi again, Lorenzo.

I will follow your instructions and I'll be informing what happened.

Thanks in advance.