Feature proposal for FloatingLegend plugin

Assigned to tobia....@geosolutionsgroup.com by lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com

facundo p

May 8, 2024, 2:39:11 PMMay 8
to mapstore-users
Hello,
I've been using the FloatingLegend plugin in my mapstore project and had ran into an issue where in maps with a large amount of layers, the legend would look ugly because of all the entries corresponding to layers that are currently 'off'.

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-08 152538.png

I wanted to use the legend plugin to show only the legend entries corresponding to layers currently visible on the map. To solve this I added a filter in the code of the FloatingLegend component, filtering by the visibility of the layers to show only the ones currently turned 'on' from the list of layers that the component receives.

Captura de pantalla 2024-05-08 151659.png

My implementation of this is a bit rustic though, as I just added a filter by layer.visibility, and I fear it is a bit taylor-made to the kind of maps I'm currently making.
However, I wanted to ask if maybe this is a feature you would be interested in adding to this plugin in the official release? Maybe as a cfg option that toggles whether to use this filter or not. I trust your team could implement it in a more stable and widely usable way.

Thanks in advance,

Facundo Pedreira
Unidad de Información Geográfica
Intendencia de Montevideo

Tobia Di Pisa

May 9, 2024, 4:31:26 AMMay 9
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Dear Facundo Pedreira,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the Floating Legend tool has been deprecated some time ago. We are anyway contributing interesting updates to the MS TOC for v2024.01.00 where a simplified TOC theme provides something similar, focused on the legend; we called it "Legend theme".

image.png

The new TOC definitely provides many new features that could help you in the use case you need to cover. The updated user guide for v2024.01.00 is available here. I hope this can help you.

Best regards,
     Tobia Di Pisa

==

Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services-us for more information.
==
Dott. Ing. Tobia Di Pisa
Technical Lead / Project Manager

GeoSolutions Group
phone: +39 0584 962313

mobile: +39 340 1781783
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.