HomePage not appear after installation

Assigned to matteo.v...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

donatien dallery

Sep 20, 2022, 2:13:02 PM9/20/22
to mapstore-users
Hi,

I have installed Mapstore 2022.01.02, from github release, with the .war file on a tomcat 9 with java 11. The installation seems to work, the service start, but when I went on the HomePage file, I have no error in the webpage and log file, just "loading mapstore" show indefinitely on the page.

My PostgreSQL has been populated with data, the default localConfig.json is read, but nothing happens. Did I miss something on the documentation ? The .war file is not usable and I must install the dev environment and build my own .war ? Or I must change something in the default .war to get the homepage screen ?

Thanks,

Matteo Velludini

Sep 21, 2022, 12:28:30 PM9/21/22
to mapstore-users
Hi,

I have tried installing latest war available and it works, see my steps in this video.
Notice that by default we use an empty db stored in a .h2 file on disk.

I can suggest you to check:
  • if it can be related to the java version installed, it has problems with newer version of it like 16 or more, see here the requirements
  • check in the tomcat/logs folder if there is anything that tells you what could be the error
  • check in the network tab or the console tab of the chrome dev tools (F12) for any relevant errors
  • make sure your connection setup to the postgres db is correct
If the above list is not helpful, please share some screenshot of your situation to make us better understand

donatien dallery

Sep 22, 2022, 6:21:08 AM9/22/22
to mapstore-users
Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I tried the installation like you on my windows, with the java 8 default version on it and it worked with my postgres connection. So, I tried to use java 8 on my debian than java 11 and mapstore works !
I saw on requirements java 11 was the maximum possible, but in my case, it doesn't work. So, I have a geonetwork on a tomcat with java 8, so i'll set my mapstore on the same tomcat. Or, is it very recommended to use java 9 with mapstore ? Or, it is not a problem to use the minimum requirement ? The difference between minimum and recommended is not explain.

Thanks again.

Matteo Velludini

Oct 11, 2022, 11:03:51 AM10/11/22
to mapstore-users
I'm glad you resolved your problem

> "Or, it is not a problem to use the minimum requirement"

It's not a problem to use the minimum java version indicated in the doc

> "The difference between minimum and recommended is not explain."

basically there is no difference for mapstore, there may be for other applications you may use