Reasoning behind separate print module

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

Matt

Jun 14, 2024, 12:09:02 PM (13 days ago) Jun 14
to mapstore-users
Understanding the benefit of having add-on modules for MapStore, I was wondering, what is the reason behind having the printing capability separate from the basic MapStore installation?  It would seem printing and image exports are fundamental functionality to many, if not all, of MapStore's users and even GIS in general

The documentation did not explain but I may have missed it.  Did it just grow that way from the beginning?  Is it a concern over installation size?  Does it conflict with other functionality or cause complications?

Is it possible to incorporate the printing module and functionality into the basic installation?  My skills don't permit me contributing much more than voting and testing.

Thank you for all of MapStore.  It is an important part of the GIS world.

Lorenzo Natali

Jun 14, 2024, 12:11:59 PM (13 days ago) Jun 14
to mapstore-users
Hi,
the module of mapfish-print 2 can not distributed together with MapStore, if I remember well, for license compatibility reasons.
It can be used on your server, but it can not be distributed as a single software.