Google Earth Maps as Mapstore Background

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

Kazaki

Mar 15, 2024, 9:35:05 AMMar 15
to mapstore-users
Greetings,

Is it possible to add google earth's maps as a background in a mapstore map?

As I understand the format for the Google earth maps is "XYZ Tiles" with the following URL:

And from what I've searched they don't provide a WMS service.

Lorenzo Natali

Mar 18, 2024, 5:24:45 AMMar 18
to mapstore-users
Hi,
If for Google Earth you mean photorealistic 3D tiles, here you can find the documentation about it:

For backgrounds instead, It looks similar to a TMS service, so you can try with custom TMS
I just suggest you to ensure you are working inside the Google license terms.

Kazaki

Mar 20, 2024, 8:00:44 AMMar 20
to mapstore-users
Thank you I was able to add google satellite as a brackground with  custom TMS

using the following url: https://mt1.google.com/vt/lyrs=s&x={x}&y={y}&z={z}