Printing module with v2024.01.00

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by tobia....@geosolutionsgroup.com

Matt

Jun 3, 2024, 5:00:07 AMJun 3
to mapstore-users
I am trying to get MapStore running with the printing module but it will not start.  I can successfully do it with v2023.02.02.  Has the process changed from the documentation for this version?  I followed instructions from here:

I used the MapStore .war file and the zipped printing files.  Rocky 9, Java 11, Tomcat 9.  I let Tomcat unpack the war, test MapStore, stop Tomcat, copy over the printing files including the printing directory in the unpacked webapp, and the WEB-INF files),

v2024.01.00 Results:
The application does not start.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.json.JSONException

I downloaded the json jar into the WEB-INF/lib directory and tried again, this time getting:
ClassNotFoundException: com.lowagie.text.DocumentException

Is the .zip or .war file missing some files?

Thank you for any help.

Matt

Jun 3, 2024, 11:02:08 AMJun 3
to mapstore-users
Since v2023.02.02 didn't have these errors and was able to start as expected, I tried looking for any differences or possible causes.  I found a couple of things but cannot say for sure they are the cause.
1. v2024.01.00 Mapstore does not include the "printing" directory.
2. The Mapstore pom.xml refers to print-lib SNAPSHOT version 2.4 but the repo referenced only had version 2.3.

I'll keep looking for anything else that might help.

Thanks.

Lorenzo Natali

Jun 4, 2024, 4:58:23 AMJun 4
to mapstore-users
Hi Matt,
thanks to your email. we were able to find out the issue in mapstore-printing.zip package, due to a recent library update.
We already opened an issue and we are going to solve it.
Here the related issue on GitHub

As soon as all the tests have been carried out, we will send an email to users notifying the update of the package to download for release 2024.01.00.
The fix will be also present in the 2024.01.01 release scheduled for tomorrow.

Thank you again for your contribution,
Lorenzo.

Lorenzo Natali

Jun 4, 2024, 6:21:31 AMJun 4
to mapstore-users
The package has been updated on the release on GitHub,
you can download it again and repeat the installation procedure.

We apologize for the inconvenience,
Lorenzo.

Matt

Jun 7, 2024, 3:49:58 AMJun 7
to mapstore-users
I've tested the update and MapStore with printing starts up without incident.  Thank you for your amazing work.

Lorenzo Natali

Jun 12, 2024, 3:57:28 AMJun 12
to mapstore-users
Great to know,