Building LDAP profile with Mapstore project

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by tobia....@geosolutionsgroup.com

facundo p

Mar 5, 2024, 1:54:18 PMMar 5
to mapstore-users
Hello all,
I am currently trying to add the use of an LDAP service for authentication on my Mapstore project, that I created using the createProject.js script. Using the available documentation for LDAP integration I noticed that the build.sh script for projects is quite different from the one used in the standard Mapstore repository. In particular, the project version doesn't seem to manage building with LDAP in the way the standard one does.

I've tried it manually by adding the configured ldap properties as an ldap.properties file on the same location as the geostore-datasource-ovr.properties file used to configure a geostore (which i tried and did work), and adding its use in the application context via the applicationContext.xml file, but it didn't work. In a project created with createProject.js, these are found in the web/src/main/resources directory.

Is there any other way to try this? I've also tried to manually insert the ldap properties to the security file that the project uses as a submodule, but that hasn't worked either. If this is done in a different way when using a project instead of the regular repo, please let me know.

Thanks,
Facundo Pedreira

Lorenzo Natali

Mar 29, 2024, 5:11:57 AMMar 29
to mapstore-users
Hi,
yes. The project do not have the automation of ldap setup via build script.
Anyway the only thing the automation does is to replace the geostore-spring-security.xml file with this one

In your project, you can put the file under `web/src/main/resources-filtered/WEB-INF/classes` and it should work.
I remember did this in some projects, but it passed a lot of time, so I'm not sure it is the only thing to do, but it should (together with the ldap.properties ).

Let us know if it works

facundo p

Apr 8, 2024, 8:22:25 AMApr 8
to mapstore-users
Hello, thanks for the help. I've tried it since then building in a docker container and that method worked great when adding that file via the Dockerfile.
Leaving this here in case someone else runs into the same doubt.

Thanks again,
Facundo Pedreira

Lorenzo Natali

Apr 9, 2024, 4:11:29 AMApr 9