Error Data Loading and How to Connect MapStore to Postgres

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

Wendi Adrian

Mar 22, 2022, 4:39:38 AM3/22/22
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Greetings to everyone. I am Mapstore new user.
I have some questions for you:
1. How to add data stored in GeoServer into MapStore? When I tried to add data using WFS, there is red exclamation mark show data not properly loaded
2. If I have a PostgreSQL and PostGIS db, how I connect it to MapStore. I have tried to read documentation but looks like there is wrong information within it, example: replace geostore-database-ovr with postgres.properties but I do not see any file called geostore-database-ovr inside the folder.
3. If I want to show the layer based on attribute and display label, how to do that in MapStore?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Wendi

Lorenzo Natali

Apr 14, 2022, 12:33:29 PM4/14/22
to mapstore-users
Hi,
sorry for the late response.
1. This can happen for some reasons. I should see the request effective error in the network tab of the developer tools to see what happendd. WMS layers works instead?
2. The file is named geostore-datasource-ovr.properties and it is located in /WEB-INF/classes folder mapstore.war archive. We usually suggest to externalize this file by following the guide here, so you can edit the file outside the application and re-deploy future MapStore releases by overwriting the war file, keeping the configuration untouched. (Note: the database is used by mapstore to store users, roles, maps... GeoSpatial data in general is usually provided by a separated GeoServer).
3. We usually delegate this to GeoServer. MapStore is more a client, that display data from WMS, WFS or other sources and allows to group them in map or create contents based on that data. In particular to display labels I suggest the WMS format, editing the style on GeoServer.