Widgets only accessible for creation/display to specific (super)users

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

Severin Menard

Mar 11, 2023, 3:34:22 PM3/11/23
to mapstore-users

Version

MapStore2-geOrchestra
:2022.02.xx(570f0f9f)

MapStore2
:2022.02.xx(61914023)
GeoServer Version 2.20.4-georchestra
Git Revision bce43c1237283ab259a7144baf5ff511cc2609b9
Build Date 09-Dec-2022 17:16
GeoTools Version 26.4 (rev 528edf98521245d91fa38cde4fea5f5dc369ddc8)
GeoWebCache Version 1.20.2 (rev 1.20.x/7859501431095a04f5a5c57d0f1c28ef10005a17):

Hi,

I have different layers accessible in read-mode to anyone in this GeoServer workspace (and also tried it in other workspaces sharing the same data rules in GS) :

Screenshot1521.png

I created some widgets through my superuser account in geOrchestra and they work fine:

Screenshot1523.png
but I noticed that, while accessible to anyone in the past, they are not accessible now for display by connected users with simple USER rights or without being connected to geOrchestra. A sign in pop-up shows up:

Screenshot1524.png

and you can see the error message in the widget: Erreur lors de la récupération des données: "ExecuteProcessXHRFailed"

It is also not possible to for simple connected users or non connected users to create widgets, it bugs there with the same error message:

Screenshot1522.png
My GeoServer logs shows this error message:
2023-03-11 21:15:05,079 WARN [geotools.xsd] - Sax parser property 'http://www.oracle.com/xml/jaxp/properties/entityExpansionLimit' not recognized.  Xerces version is incompatible.

Any clue to solve this?

Sincerely,

Séverin

Lorenzo Natali

Mar 14, 2023, 6:49:26 AM3/14/23
to mapstore-users
Hi,
it looks that the execution of the WPS process delegated to generate the charts is denied.
Probably geOrchestra or your installation changed some defaults, or the error was not noticed before.
You should configure the WPS services used by MapStore to have public access.

See MapStore documentation about Widgets and WPS here