How to deploy Mapstore webmap created using tomcat and geoserver on public server/github

Assigned to lorenzo...@geosolutionsgroup.com by me

Abhishek Pandey

Sep 10, 2021, 1:33:44 PM9/10/21
to mapstore-users
I have created a web map on my local machine using mapstore installed in apache tomcat, wherein I am using GeoServer to fetch data.
Now I want to share/deploy this map on my university server so people can visualize and access this. How can I do so?
My knowledge in terms of deployment is 0 so a step-by-step guide would be really helpful.

Also, can this map be shared on Github like leaflet maps?

Thanks,
AP

Lorenzo Natali

Oct 5, 2021, 12:06:31 PM10/5/21
to mapstore-users
Hi,
you have to probably deploy MapStore war on your university server in a dedicated tomcat. If you are in production, we suggest to use postgres database.
Then, if you have only one map, you can simply export the map, re-import on your server and save.
I assume GeoServer is accessible on the internet.