Mapstore2 installl from war denies to start

Pete Argy

Mar 17, 2023, 4:47:37 AM3/17/23
to mapstore-users
Hello, I just installed MapStore2 from the war file into Tomcat 9 webapps.
The geoserver install runs fine, but mapstore2 denies to start, and at the Tomcat GUI, it says "mapstore2 application at context path [/mapstore] could not be started".
Also, I tried to copy the war file to the webapps folder, but after deploying, I got "HTTP Status 404 – Not Found The requested resource [/mapstore/] is not available".
What is going wrong?
The folder after deployment exists.

Tobia Di Pisa

Mar 17, 2023, 4:57:20 AM3/17/23
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pete,

Is there any useful information in Tomcat or MapStore log files that can be shared to help figuring out the reason for this problem?

Regards,
     Tobia Di Pisa

==

Visit http://bit.ly/gs-services-us for more information.
==
Dott. Ing. Tobia Di Pisa
Technical Lead / Project Manager

GeoSolutions Group
phone: +39 0584 962313

mobile: +39 340 1781783
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

https://www.geosolutionsgroup.com/
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Pete Argy

Mar 17, 2023, 5:26:06 AM3/17/23
to mapstore-users
catalina.out
mapstore.log

Tobia Di Pisa

Mar 17, 2023, 5:35:40 AM3/17/23
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

a couple of questions. Are you using this WAR file? Did you change some default configuration?

Best Regards,
     Tobia Di Pisa

Pete Argy

Mar 17, 2023, 5:57:56 AM3/17/23
to mapstore-users
Hi Tobia
I am using this WAR file https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/releases/download/v2023.01.00/mapstore.war, and I didn't change any config.

Pete Argy

Mar 19, 2023, 3:43:41 AM3/19/23
to mapstore-users
Hello, again any news about this situation?

sagar chougule

Mar 29, 2023, 6:04:04 AM3/29/23
to mapstore-users
Hi Pete Argy,

On Linux are you deploying MapStore, if yes then you have correct database path in

in these files WEB-INF\classes\db-conf

Lorenzo Natali

Apr 3, 2023, 3:53:52 AM4/3/23
to mapstore-users
Hi,
please make you sure you are using the correct versions of Java and Tomcat indicated here:

In particular one of the errors you sent in the logs is compatible with some errors found on Tomcat 10.

jatox

Sep 18, 2023, 8:37:25 AM9/18/23
to mapstore-users
I have a similar problem. I can't get the latest Mapstore version to deploy using JRE 11 but it works if I revert back to JRE 8, but then Tomcat manager can't start due to outdated JRE version.

Lorenzo Natali

Sep 19, 2023, 5:36:23 AM9/19/23
to mapstore-users
Hi,
we have several enviroment working with Java 11 and tomcat 9.
For the support to Tomcat 10, you can follow this ticket for updates https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/issues/7524