MapStore 2 Documentation

Assigned to me by offth...@gmail.com

David Alda Fernandez de Lecea

Jun 12, 2017, 8:58:21 AM6/12/17
to mapstore-users
Hi,

I've been working for a while with Geoserver ando Openlayers and I've been tracking this project too as I think it's a really interesting project, so I've decided to explore a bit more in depth all the possibilities.

I've successfully deployed the war file in tomcat and now I'm trying to configure and customize the app but I'm a bit lost...

Is there any documentation in which I can learn how to:

Also it would be very helpful if I can find a "Users Manual" for the end user.

Thanks !

Regards.

David

Mauro Bartolomeoli

Jun 22, 2017, 4:04:05 AM6/22/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

I've been working for a while with Geoserver ando Openlayers and I've been tracking this project too as I think it's a really interesting project, so I've decided to explore a bit more in depth all the possibilities.

I've successfully deployed the war file in tomcat and now I'm trying to configure and customize the app but I'm a bit lost...

Is there any documentation in which I can learn how to:

  • Customize all the site (look and feel, banners, etc)
The look and feel is completely customizable either using one of the included themes, or building your own. Themes are built using less (http://lesscss.org/).

In the themes folder (https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/tree/master/web/client/themes) you also try other ones that you can study.

To add a new theme:
 1) create a new folder in the themes folder with the name of your theme
 2) create less files in the folder (at least theme.less, the main file, and variables.less, to customize standard variables)
 3) add the new theme to the index file (https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/blob/master/web/client/themes/index.js), with the id corresponding to the theme folder name

 You can then switch your application to use the theme adding a new section in the appConfig.js file:

initialState: {
        defaultState: {
            theme: {
                selectedTheme: {
                    id: <your theme id>
                }
            },
         }
}

The example is a little bit outdated, I will try to see if it needs some amendments or fixes
You can also create a fully working skeleton app using the createProject.js script (https://dev.mapstore2.geo-solutions.it/mapstore/docs/project-creation-script) and start from that.

  • Manage and modify the local configuration (e.g. set certain WMTS Server's by default, enable all the plugins for every map created, etc)
Configuration is split between the following files:
 - plugins.js: list of available plugins (you can add your own)
 - appConfig.js: general configuration (pages, initial state, etc.)
 - localConfig.json (plugins and basic services configuration)

Also it would be very helpful if I can find a "Users Manual" for the end user.

Unfortunately there is no one yet.

Mauro

--

Regards,

Mauro Bartolomeoli

==
==

Dott. Mauro Bartolomeoli
@mauro_bart
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Simone Giannecchini

Jun 22, 2017, 4:24:13 AM6/22/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Mauro,
should we file an issue for the user documentation?

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054 Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39 333 8128928

Mauro Bartolomeoli

Jun 22, 2017, 5:37:09 AM6/22/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com

David Alda Fernandez de Lezea

Jun 22, 2017, 9:11:31 AM6/22/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mauro,

Thanks for your response, I'll go step by step with your indications and see if I can get everything working.

Thanks for your work guys, I really like this type of web applications and I think they can be very useful.

Regards,

Agur bero bat,

David Alda Fernández de Lezea
Área de Sistemas de Información Geográfica, Planificación Territorial y Forestal Informazio Geografikoen Sistemak, Lurralde eta Baso Antolaketaren Arloa.
da...@hazi.eus | www.hazi.eus
T 945 003 240 – M 627 923 170 – F 945 003 290
Hazi | Granja Modelo de Arkaute s/n | 01192 Arkaute – Araba

*********************  LEGE OHARRA   *******************   AVISOLEGAL   *******************   DISCLAIMER   *****************************
Mezu hau pertsonala eta isilpekoa da eta baimenik gabeko erabilera debekatua dago legalki. Jasotzailea ez bazara ezabatu mezua, bidali eta kontserbatu gabe.
Este mensaje es personal y confidencial y su uso no autorizado está prohibido legalmente. Si usted no es el destinatario, proceda a borrarlo, sin reenviarlo ni conservarlo.
This message is personal and confidential, unauthorised use is legally prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, delete it without resending or backing it.

Gaet. B

Oct 19, 2017, 6:21:28 AM10/19/17
to mapstore-users
Hi David,
Could you share your realization or just write your feedback ?

Thank you a lot ! i need to realize my custom app to ! :)

Gaetan

Nicolas D.

Oct 24, 2017, 4:47:01 PM10/24/17
to mapstore-users
Hi,
I have installed Mapstore2 and I would like to customize it.
I wanted to know how to disable on the home page the sliders with all applications and the zone : keep in touch and stay up-to-date with the mailing lists.
I would like to congratulate you for your application.
Good job guys.
Nicolas

Mauro Bartolomeoli

Oct 25, 2017, 3:38:50 AM10/25/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,
you can simply remove the Examples plugin from localConfig.json here: https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/blob/master/web/client/localConfig.json#L463

Mauro

Nicolas D.

Oct 26, 2017, 8:27:30 PM10/26/17
to mapstore-users
Hi Mauro,
Thank you for your answer.
I would like now to know, how to disable in attribute table of layer the download grid data button? Also, how to permanently modify the format of Identify response format fonction with JSON format by default?
Regards,
Nicolas

Le mercredi 25 octobre 2017 09:38:50 UTC+2, Mauro Bartolomeoli a écrit :
Hi Nicolas,
you can simply remove the Examples plugin from localConfig.json here: https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/blob/master/web/client/localConfig.json#L463

Mauro

I have installed Mapstore2 and I would like to customize it.
I wanted to know how to disable on the home page the sliders with all applications and the zone : keep in touch and stay up-to-date with the mailing lists.
I would like to congratulate you for your application.
Good job guys.
Nicolas

Lorenzo Natali

Oct 27, 2017, 4:10:31 AM10/27/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,
to remove the WFSDownload you can simply remove "WFSDownload" from the list of plugins in localConfig.json.

About the featureinfo format, set in localConfig.json this flag:
"initialState": {
      "defaultState": {
         "mapInfo": {
             "infoFormat": "application/json"
         },
         // ...
     }

Nicolas D.

Oct 27, 2017, 6:46:17 AM10/27/17
to mapstore-users
Hi,
Thanks, really cool.
But how to make the button disappear (
WFSDownload), please?
Regards,

Matteo Velludini

Oct 27, 2017, 6:52:10 AM10/27/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

As Lorenzo said when you have removed the "WFSDownload" in localConfig.json the WFSDownload button should disappear.
Can you check again?

cheers,
Matteo

Regards,

Matteo Velludini

==

==

Matteo Velludini

Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.

Via di Montramito 3/A

55054  Massarosa (LU)

Italy

phone: +39 0584 962313

fax:     +39 0584 1660272

Matteo Velludini

Oct 27, 2017, 7:58:26 AM10/27/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Nicholas,

it is not possible at the moment.
I've made a deeper investigation and I've found that the wfsDownload button is disabled only if there are no fetched results/features.
In the future we can improve this, but if you need to remove it quickly you can remove/comment the relative TButton  with id="download-grid"  from the web\client\components\data\featuregrid\toolbars\Toolbar.jsx also removing the flags isDownloadOpen and disableDownload

Regards,

Matteo Velludini

Nicolas D.

Oct 27, 2017, 8:03:28 AM10/27/17
to mapstore-users
Hi,
I actually deleted "WFSDownload", in the local file Config.json
Then I reload the web page and I still see the button but when I click on nothing happens.
Regards,

Regards,

Matteo Velludini

Lorenzo Natali

Oct 27, 2017, 9:12:49 AM10/27/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
I tried it just now and you are right Nicolas,
sorry for the misunderstanding. I opened an issue for that:

We are going to fix this issue in the next days on development and it will be available in the next release (or nightly).

Nicolas D.

Oct 27, 2017, 10:00:42 AM10/27/17
to mapstore-users
Hi,
OK thank you for the information.
I can not remove the icon. I will wait the next time the patches are applied to see the icon disappear.
I still have questions. How to change the units of the function measure yd, miles to meters, kilometers?
How to add other coordinate systems for the function see coordinates: UTM?
Thanks a lot.
Regards

Nicolas D.

Oct 30, 2017, 6:47:41 AM10/30/17
to mapstore-users
Hi,
It's ok, I found how to change the units of the function measure and how to add other coordinate systems.
Continue as long as possible to improve mapstore. I love this application.
Regards,
Nicolas

Lorenzo Natali

Oct 30, 2017, 7:12:09 AM10/30/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
That's great Nicolas,
and thank you for your consideration.

It helps us to improve our product and the other users to find common problem's solutions.

Simone Giannecchini

Oct 30, 2017, 11:01:11 AM10/30/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicholas,
thanks for your kind words.

Can you please elaborate a little on how you solved your problems?

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini

==
[...]

Nicolas D.

Nov 1, 2017, 10:36:12 AM11/1/17
to mapstore-users

Hi,

Of course.

Also to add more coordinate CRS to the list (mouse coordinate plugin), see the message here.

And to change the units of the measure function (
yd, miles to meters, kilometers) as in the figure below. You must change in the mapstore2.js file :
Original : (e*=1.09361,n=e>1760?(e/1760).toFixed(2)+" miles":Math.ceil(e)+" yd")
in
Change : (e*=1,n=e>1000?(e/1000).toFixed(2)+" kilometers":Math.ceil(e)+" meters")

Regards,
Nicolas

Nicolas D.

Nov 1, 2017, 10:55:35 AM11/1/17
to mapstore-users
Hi,
I need help to add new backgrounds.
I would like to add a background "none" (for not to see background, just data) and also add the background OpenStreetMap BlackAndWhite.
So, I would like to add 2 new backgrounds to the list, but also add my own icons for none and for OpenStreetMap BlackAndWhite.
Thank in advance for your help,
Regards,
Nicolas

Nicolas D.

Nov 9, 2017, 3:37:45 PM11/9/17
to mapstore-users
Hi,
I would like to know, how to permanently modify the Map Viewer for OpenLayers, and theme for geosolutions by default, when "MapType", "ThemeSwitcher" fonctions are erased in localConfig.json ?
Regards,
Nicolas

Lorenzo Natali

Nov 17, 2017, 4:43:47 AM11/17/17
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
For completeness, the last question has been already answered on another thread: