Filtering location search results

Pedro Guimarães

May 5, 2020, 4:54:24 PM5/5/20
to mapstore-users
As I understand, the default (only) implementation for the location search bar on the map view is an OSM / Nominatim one. The autocomplete returns suggestions in a full format, with all the administrative regions. There should be an easy way to select the fields returned, or maybe the returned values could be simplified City/Estate/Country. Neither can the user apply other filters, such as the country or the language. On the GeoNode side, for instance, it is impossible to achieve such effects, leaving only the "messing with mapstore core" alternative.

Is this a desirable feature?

Mauro Bartolomeoli

May 6, 2020, 3:04:25 AM5/6/20
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Good morning Pedro,

Yes, that's the default, but not the only option. Also custom WFS services can be configured. You can find some documentation on that here: https://mapstore.geo-solutions.it/mapstore/docs/api/plugins#plugins.Search

Unfortunately the result display for Nominatim is not configurable at the moment. This is hardcoded here: https://github.com/geosolutions-it/MapStore2/blob/master/web/client/components/mapcontrols/search/geocoding/NominatimResult.jsx#L32

Neither can the user apply other filters, such as the country or the language. On the GeoNode side, for instance, it is impossible to achieve such effects, leaving only the "messing with mapstore core" alternative.
Is this a desirable feature?

Both the features you describe are for sure desiderable. The first one, introducing a configurable template for Nominatim results, should not be that difficult.
The other one would require more effort. Let me see if I understood correctly what you need:
 - display results taking into account current selected language
 - allow filtering by "administrative region(s)": are you thinking of a global admin configuration setting or something that the users can change map by map?

Do you think you can contribute in any way to make these desires come true?

--

Regards,

Mauro Bartolomeoli

==
==

Dott. Mauro Bartolomeoli
@mauro_bart
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy

mobile: +39 393 904 1756
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:      +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Mauro Bartolomeoli

May 6, 2020, 3:57:43 AM5/6/20
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro,
a little addition to what I told you.

If what you need is to limit search result with a global admin configuration setting, that can be done as described in the issue.