MapStore viewer for GeoNode

Leandro Baroni

Jul 23, 2018, 12:12:14 PM7/23/18
to mapstore-users
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in the project named geonode-mapstore-client. I tried to follow the README  instructions but i'm having same troubles.

First of all, i installed and configured Geonode, I could access through web browser without problem. Secondly i cloned the github of the project and followed the instructions. But i had an import error for geonode_mapstor_client.hooksets. so i decided to add the project to PYTHONPATH.

After that more and more import error started to appear. I tried to install and update all the packages (including django-mapstore-adapter). But it still does not works for me.

I have some questions about the installations.

1) which geonode version do i need for this project? Standard deployment or development?
2) Where can i find the list of dependencies for the project?
3) Is there a more detailed installation guide?

Thank you in advance for you help. Kind regards

Alessio Fabiani

Jul 24, 2018, 4:39:06 AM7/24/18
to mapstore-users
Hello Leonardo,
that library is still under development and it not stable. At this time it is not yet fully usable with GeoNode.

As soon as we have a version of it ready to be used, we will update the documentation and do an official announcement.

About your questions:

1. This one, along with the django-mapstore-adapter library, must be deployed as GeoNode dependency. You will need to install few dependencies on the virtual env and add few settings to the GeoNode standard ones. It will be possible to add it on GeoNode 2.8.0+
2. The list of dependencies will be placed into a "requirements.txt" file. At this time they can be found inside the "setup.cfg" one.
3. Not at this stage, unfortunately. We are almost ready to publish a first version. At that time we will put also a more detailed installation guide on the project itself.

Leandro Baroni

Jul 24, 2018, 1:37:47 PM7/24/18
to mapstore-users
Thank you!

Nicolas D.

Oct 30, 2018, 5:01:42 PM10/30/18
to mapstore-users
Hi everybody,
Following your July response, I wanted to know if the named geonode-mapstore-client project went out soon or next year.
What are the other possibilities to replace GeoExt?
Thank you in advance for your answer.
Regards,

Simone Giannecchini

Oct 31, 2018, 6:13:26 AM10/31/18
to mapstor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,
we actively working on this as the different pieces are coming
together (styler + timeline for time based layers
baseline integration).
The ongoing results are published here: http://dev.geonode.geo-solutions.it

The next internal milestone is end of November, at that point we will
decide if that can be released or not (hopefully, yes :) ).

Regards,
Simone Giannecchini
==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==
Ing. Simone Giannecchini
@simogeo
Founder/Director

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054 Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39 333 8128928

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali
(Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati
“GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email
(il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui
conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo
scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a
cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato
se potesse darmene notizia.

This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided
by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use
of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by
mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Nicolas D.

Nov 5, 2018, 7:37:54 PM11/5/18
to mapstore-users
Thank you for your answer,